Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one of these two peice suits? I would like to invest in some leathers and am looking for a two peice suit so I can wear the jacket around town but still have the ability to wear the whole suit for more aggressive riding and hopefully the occaisional track day.

The suit is priced at $474 at Dennis Kirk which is right in the price range I want to stay in($400-$500). I know I would be better to buy a better set of leathers but I can't afford to spend $800-1200 on a really, really good set.

Any other suits in this price range that you've had good luck with? I saw that Dennis Kirk has some Joe Rocket High Side suits on sale for a little more ($575 approx. I think) would it be worth it to save a little longer for something like that instead?

Thank you for all of your opinions! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
428 Posts
Vip,

My husband has the AGV Modena 2 piece and the quality is very good for the price. He likes it, says it's comfortable and well worth buying. Removable soft armor, full circ zipper, and knee sliders. The leather seems thick and strong.

Ride Safe,
Jen

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My first two-piece suit was an AGV suit, and it was ok at the time, but looking back it didn't offer a whole lot in the way of protection. I know money is tight but you're better off getting a good 1 piece suit and a good riding jacket. It's more money, but safer all around.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions.

I do have a good riding jacket/boots/gloves right now so I may just wait and save up a bit more and get a better quality suit.

The main reason I wanted to pick up a suit was for track days which I may or may not do this summer. I guess I could always wait until next summer, by then I would definitly have a decent suit to wear.

Thanks again /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Viper - Some organizations just require that the jacket zip to the pants - If your jacket doesn't have some kind of zipper, then see if you can find a tailor that'll alter your jacket to fit whatever pants you would like to add. Better yet - If your jacket manufacturer makes add-on pants you may already be all set.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Most require a full circumference zipper though. And most of the add ons have a little 8in zipper in the back. Those kind will still allow the jacket to ride up in front and on the sides in the event of a crash so they arent as safe. I have a Spidi Hook 2 pc with full zippers that i really like. It also has full armor and knee sliders, but it is over 700 bucks which is more than your price range.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I like my AGV Delta. Feature for feature great value. The leather appears top quality. Though my $0.02 may not be worth a plugged nickel.

<font color=green>I'm not trying to hang off, I'm trying to hang ON!</font color=green>/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the AGV rage 1 piece. IMO its a good quality suit/value for the $. I've been down at the track once with it, and it held up fine. I've had it for 3 years, no problems with any stitching coming apart or wear and tear for that matter. Except for the scuff marks from going down :)

Ride 2 Live, Live 2 Ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts