Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
? about ordering from [url]www.dainese.be[/url]

I was checking out www.dainese.be and they definitely have some good prices on leather, but I was wondering about any charges involved in shipping it over here. I was hoping someone who has purchased gear from them could tell me if there are any sort of import tariffs/taxes I would have to pay for? That is in addition to the price of the leathers and the shipping cost.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Re: ? about ordering from [url]www.dainese.be[/url]

Before you fill out any of the forms use the secure form for contating them or just email [email protected] ATTN: Frans and get the price quote from him. He will tell you what you will be paying approx. in US currency with shipping. I got my suit in 3 days from confirmation of shipping. Frans will take care of you. Let him know that Brian and Tom who recently ordered 2pc Dainiese K from him told you to email him. My helmet from dexdirect in the UK is another story. Goodluck!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

I received 2 packages from him and had to pay customs duty on both. $28 on a jacket I bought like 6 months ago and $38 on a pair of pants and a back protector I just received the other day. His prices are very good, shipping time is like 2 days, but make sure whatever you order is the right item and the right size. The shipping, insurance and customs duty gets expensive if you have to start sending stuff back and forth. If at all possible, try on whatever it is you want someplace before you place your order. I took all the measurements he asked for and got pants that were too big./images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

My Flash 2 jacket cost ~$435, plus ~$40 for shipping/insurance, plus ~$32 for the customs duty.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

I had to pay a customs tax on the two orders I placed to Frans. I don't recall the totals though from either. I have heard that some people get the customs bill while others don't; I'm not sure what's up with that. Even with the customs bill it is well worth the money to order from Frans.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

Duc is right.. order from Frans. Prices are great. Someone mentioned to me once [forgot who] that customs bills you when you get the package. Dont know what thats all about. I think its if the store doesnt charge you but they could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

You don't get charged at the time of delivery; you will actually receive a bill from DHL about the customs charge maybe a week or two after the package arrives.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

Well i just got a bill today from DHL for my leathers that i received last month. So in answer to the question YES you will be paying duty costs. Now i have a new question DUC. I ordered a helmet from the UK and was supposed to receive it a while ago. They havent responded yet as to what happened but is there a way i can call DHL if customs has it or something and ask if they can look up my name for any other shipments?

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

That I'm not sure about. Do you have a tracking number? I'm not sure if they will look up by name but it won't hurt to ask.

I ordered my replacement leathers from Frans right before the 9/11 attacks and my package was actually stuck in NYC customs for a week roughly. I was able to tell Frans that I had not received the package yet and once he supplied a tracking number to me I was able to call DHL and determine that the package was stuck in NYC customs.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

I never got charged or billed for my Sidi Race Verts ($234 delivered) or my OGK Helmet ($513 delivered) from dexdirect.com.

But I have heard of some people who did? Go figure?

Someone also mentioned a while ago to ask the person whom you're buying the goods from overseas to state that the item they're sending you is a "return" that the goods were sent to them for "repair". This way you dont have to pay taxes on something that you already previously owned.

M.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

Kram.. i wish i would have known that sooner. DOH

I called dexdirect early this morning and whoever shipped out my helmet sent it to the wrong address. Apparently someone was getting the same helmet as a replacement helmet in the US and received two helmets by mistake... one being mine. However that guy was supposed to return the package or send it my way but i havent gotten it yet so obviously he hasnt. Would you? lol Robbie from cycle-ologist is working on it for dexdirect. Like i said before.. robbie is great. Hopefully i get my helmet soon. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts

not to be a deek, but i'm sure it's an awesome helmet...if it was shipped to me...i might just respond with...what helmet?! unless i signed something hehe, but then again i'm poor and need some good breaks. i'm kidding man, i woulnd't do that, i'd send it, but i'd need you to send shipping money to me first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts