Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a link to site with 01 9R tech info?
TIA

Go Big or Go Home. <font color=red>Or just make sure you make it home?</font color=red>

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I dont know of anything like that other than specs available on kawasaki.com, but if you have a specific question I have a factory manual for the 9R..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't know if this is what you're looking for but here's some info from www.motorcyclesamerica.com I bought my bike from this place about 6 months ago.

Liquid-cooled, 899 cm3, DOHC, 16-valve 4-cylinder engine uprated for stronger acceleration, improved throttle response and improved overall performance.
Massive Ram Air system, for improved efficiency and increased output.
Awesome looking dual reflector head light.
Ride height adjuster for the rear suspension to allow riders to fine tune the chassis.
Compression ratio increased from 11.5 to 12.2: 1 through cylinder head change for more torque across the rev range and sharper throttle response.
More powerful ignition CPU: uprated from 8 to 16 bits.
Extreme motorcycle.
Electric fuel pump to deliver a constant supply of fuel in all riding conditions.
Lightweight, detachable aluminum sub-frame.
Wider rear tire for more traction 190/50 ZR17
K-TRIC system, allowing more power to a wider rev range, and believe it or not it allows some fuel economy.
Boosted performances.
Even More Power than last year’s model.
Revised intake cam timing improves mid-range performance.
Large airbox to ensure that the engine receives high volumes of cool air without excessive restriction to the air flow.
Modified third and fourth output gears (back-cut dogs for improved engagement).
Right-side cam drive allowing an extremely tight valve angle for efficient engine breathing.
Narrow included valve angle (IN=12°, EX=13°) allows a flat, highly efficient combustion chamber.
Generator output increased from 27 to 33 amps, regulator output from 35 to 40 amps for more Charging capacity.
X-ring chain. It offers you less maintenance than regular chains (adjustment), allows you to ride more miles, and provides superior sealing.
All-aluminum Short-wheelbase (1,415 mm) frame has been redesigned, based on Kawasaki's highly successful WSB racing machines.
Extruded aluminum swingarm making it lighter and stronger and increases stability and at speed. Pentagonal structure with ribbing (like on the 12R) reduces weight and improves appearance.
An aggressive look.
Low-profile ZR rated radial tires to provide excellent traction to the tremendous power of the engine.
Revised suspension settings for front and rear suspension giving superb handling characteristics on street and track and to match the chassis.
Rear shock features a special "bladder" instead of a floating piston that separates the nitrogen gas from the hydraulic fluid for greater fade resistance.
Front semi-floating discs increased in diameter from 296 mm to 310 mm (5 mm gauge) for superlative braking performance.
Massive opposed six-piston on the front brake offering a more powerful and precise braking.
And much more …….

·
Registered
195 Posts
hey longrider what is the service limit on the forks as far as them being bent? i would realy appreciate it i have posted 2 questions here in kawasaki forum with no answers i think its my name causing problems

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
No specification is given, the only thing said is "If the inner tube is badly bent or creased, replace it. Excessive bending, followed by subsequent straightening, can weaken the inner tube." I guess that means a non-excessively bent tube is OK?? /images/icons/crazy.gif

Seriously, on modern sportbikes I wouldnt take a chance with straightening a tube. Just replace it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
thats my thaughts but i just want to know what is ok and what is not

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts