Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'99 ZX-7R re-sale value?

Hello Boys,

I'm planning on putting my 7R up for sale soon, and was wondering what a ball-park value is for it...? Can any of you suggest a value in USD? Just curious.

1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R
Persimmon Red in color
4000 original miles
New Michelin Pilot Powers front & Rear (zero miles on them)
Powerbronze undertail
LP smoked mini-signals
Zero-Gravity smoked windscreen
Arrow carbon-fiber can
Never dropped, wheelied, brake-burned, stoppied, raced, etc, etc.

Does anybody know off hand if my front and rear stands will work on a 12R? If not, I'll let 'em go with the 7R.

Thanks,

Rem

G

·
Re: \'99 ZX-7R re-sale value?

Can i ask you how you only put 4000 miles on your bike in 5 years? I put 9k on my bike this year and i own 2 bikes. I need a brief but detailed description of how.... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
Can i ask you how you only put 4000 miles on your bike in 5 years? I put 9k on my bike this year and i own 2 bikes. I need a brief but detailed description of how.... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha....I know, its sad isn't it?

This bike has been sittin' around for a lot of years....I bought in it in Sept 2003 with only 400 miles on it, and it had been sittin' in the dealers showroom for at least two years at that time. So, I did put 3500 miles on it this year, but I travel with work, so I haven't been home much to ride it, and it seemed whenever I was home the weather was awful.

I'm hoping it won't be too hard to sell, it'll be a perfect bike for someone who wants a 7R.

Cheers,
Rem

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the nadaguides link MikeV7,

Its litsts my '99 7R as worth $3000 (low retail) and about $4000 (average retail), so I'm hoping that with its condition, and low mileage, it should be "above average condition"?

Thanks,

Rem /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
98 Posts

buddy of mine just sold his spare bike (99 zx7r)... red/maroon color, black frame, black rims, had engine work done, clutch replaced, everything is perfect except it will need new back brake pads shortly. he sold it for 4100 dollars. its had about 12,000 miles on it i believe. :wink:

-dc

·
Registered
120 Posts

I don't care what the book says, I would put it up for about 5500 and take no less than 5 for it, it will sell. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

·

Yea, you can probably get about 4500 for that bike. I wouldn't take much less in the condidton it's in. Let em know how flawless it is.

·
Registered
98 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
Yea, you can probably get about 4500 for that bike. I wouldn't take much less in the condidton it's in. Let em know how flawless it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree... my buddy couldve gotten more for his 7r but he really wanted to get rid of it because it was taking up space in his garage.

i say, list it for 5000... someone will probably want a bike before the heart of the riding season starts. :wink:

-dc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts