Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exhaust is best for the 954? I use to be very loyal to D&D, but they're pipes are starting to get dated. Is the Serpent system all they say it is, especially for the price? Can someone do a photoshop deal with a D&D aluminum pipe on a Slvr/Blk 954?

No flames please, just some straight forward opinions.

When you see flashing lights...drop two and go!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I personally really dislike D&D's... I think they are a bit chinsy to say the least. Any quality company's pipe is going to be good.

If I were you I would wait until Erion releases theirs.

Ian

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I agree about the D&D. I had a full system on my 97 900RR and really liked the sound and performance, but the quality just wasn't there. It started to rust after one season. They style and desing just looks out-of-date on the new more angular/edgey looking bikes like the 954 and R1.

Yes, Noud, just so you feel better, I think the new R1 is a sweet bike, it's just not a Honda.

Ride RED

When you see flashing lights...drop two and go!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree about the D&D>NO GOOD, I have the Jardine race baffle and it looks great and sounds great too. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
d&d is so cheese, go micron or akra

·
Registered
545 Posts
Friend has a maurwalki race pipe on his. He seems to enjoy it. Send him a message and i'm sure he'll tell you all about it. RENO954

Wicked Feleena /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
According to micron the current 929, system works on the 954!

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Call me boring, but I think the 954's stock can is fine. Then again, I don't like the sound of an inline-4 unless it's got some pretty radical cams in it (like my Kawi ZR550 with GPz bits, now there was a good-sounding 4!).

-nominal_squid-

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an Arrow pipe on my 98 CBR 900RR (picture attached) and LOVE IT! Great sound! Great power! If I buy a 954, I'll definately put an Arrow on it!

Here's to Honor... Here's to gettin' honor and stayin' honor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
1st choice: Erion
2nd choice: Erion
3rd choice: Erion

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts