Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there put a Scotts or other brand Damper on their 954?.If so,has it helped with the front end wobble?

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CBR_GUY, How much was that damper and how long did it take to install?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Is that a 929 or 954 kinda hard to tell from the pic. I am ordering a Scott's next week

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just put a Scotts on my 954, went out today and did 170 miles on it. Wobbles are history :)

You can't grow old until you grow up...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gary,I have a scotts on my F4i and I love it.I take it you had no problem finding a mount kit for your 954? Is it the same as a 929 mount or do they have a seperate 954 mount?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up putting on the Scotts and the problem is solved.green 9: It only takes about 10-15 minutes to install a Scotts on a bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I installed my Scotts lastnight in about 10 minutes (954). The directions are basically useless, but it's really easy to figure out what to do. Only have about 100 miles of riding with it on and it is awesome! 2nd gears wheelies are much more enjoyable now that I'm not worried about finishing it with a potential tank slapper.

Still not happy about spending $400, but I think the safety and confidence improvement is worth the investment.

When you see flashing lights...drop two and go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts