Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend picked up his 2001 929RR last weekend. It has the full erion system. What else would you recommend for more HP/torque? Not that it is slow now. It is great partner to his 00' 996. He has the best of both worlds now!

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
222 Posts
Check Erion Racings site for drop-in race cams.I think they run about $700. They should give you about a 7hp increase.

If you think your fast,imagine what your girlfriend thinks!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I wouldn't get the cams unless he races. He will loose lots of bottome end torque. Does he have a PCIII, Maybe some velocity stacks or an ohlins shock would be killer. Also I always would get a set of nice wheels if I had expendable cash.

I can kill a yak from 200 yards away....With MIND BULLETS!!!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
everyone fiends for more speed.....if i had a sick bike like that my priorities would be, full system, jet kit, power commander, suspension parts! daaamn make you handle like a dream..then maybe velocity stacks...there is only so much you need to do before you dig yourself a sick honda money pit:) a 929 should be pretty damn fast though

willie

·
Registered
179 Posts
Willie, the 929 is fuel injected. no need for carb work.

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With the 929 being fuel injected a K&N air filter would help some with a minimal cost. The bike will automatically detect the difference in air flow, so all you have to do is loosen the gas tank and slide it right in. Hope that will help you out some.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
yeah, you'll never see a power commander and jetting on the same bike. they are an oxy-moron.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Aw dammit, THAT'S why Yahoo wasn't coming up with any search results for '929RR Jet Kit' /images/icons/wink.gif. Seriously, though, I have to agree about the K&N. Some people have said it doesn't make a difference. Tell that to my 'Blade. It breathes much better now, and I haven't even put on a PCIII yet.

<font color=blue>J A C K S O N</font color=blue>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts