Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey red riders,

A quick question, Are the 929 & 954 using the same wheels? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Later,
Rob
<font color=red>Follow the leader, "He's on a HONDA!"</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
No, they don't use the same wheels. BUT, they are interchangeable /images/icons/smile.gif. The 954 wheels are also noticeably lighter (and cheaper!). I'm using a 954 front wheel on Franken-VFR...

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nominal_squid,

Thanks for the heads up! Just the info I was looking for. It looks like we have a lot in common... First off my crew calls my 929 "Frankin bike" because it's made up of yellow/black 00 parts and red/black 01 parts (this will be corrected by next week) & Second I was just bitting by the "Motard Bug". I have a new Duke II being shipped to me April 1st. Tell me about the 250!!! Do you race it or ride it on the street? What kinda fuel range do you have? I was thinking about a CR250/500 or a XR650R to motard out but I came across a sweet deal ($2,700 savings from MSRP) on a new Duke. If you have any pictures please share. Thanks again for the wheel help.

Later,
Rob

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Heh, no problemo...glad to share info. FrankenVFR is a '96 VFR with a front end composed of '01 929 forks/triples and '02 954 brakes and wheel. So you're getting a Duke, eh? I want one of those in the worst way...maybe next year /images/icons/smile.gif. Hm, I said that last year too, but then the car broke.

My CR250's pretty well modded, pics are at the site in my profile. Currently I ride it on the street, but am going to be racing it in Supermotard-USA middleweight class. Fuel range is a laugh, even with the 3.5gal IMS tank installed. I might get 50 miles to a tank though I'm not sure, since I have no speedo/odometer.

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Did you guys buy the wheels 954 new or has somebody already mashed one up?

2002 TL1000R
2001 929 RR
1995/7 ZX7-9
Save a tire, ride a wheelie!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I bought the wheel new...of course, working at a Honda dealer is an advantage in that regard /images/icons/wink.gif

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My roomate crashed/totaled my buddies 6 day old 180 mile old 954. Thats where I might upgrade the wheels.

Later,
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts