Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the oil on my bike and first off the filter was on their very tight and I needed a pair of big ass pliers to get it off. Sorry the name for the tool is not coming to me right now. I read in the manual it said it should be torqued so does anyone know how to torque a filter on it. I usually do it hand tight and have had zero problems on my cars and my other bike. Also if anyone has the torques of the bolts they check at the 600 mile service that would be great too. I know I need to get a service manual but haven't gotten around to it for this bike yet. Lastly anything else I may be forgetting that needs to be inspected? Well thanks for any advice/help in advance.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
After the filter makes contact with the flange, you turn 3/4 of a turn! As far as the other fastners goes just look for looseness. Check wheel, calipers, clip ons, fuel tank and hand/foot controls! Thats just about what the dealers do, if they do!

<font color=red>RAMAIR & SERPENT EQUIP!!!</font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
990 Posts
I got the book right here. It is 20 foot pounds of torque for the oil filter. That would be using a socket type of filter wrench specificly designed for that filter. Your drain bolt should be 22lbs. "Inspect and clean,adjust,lubricate or replace if necessary" the following:Steering head bearings; nuts,bolts,fasteners; Clutch system; Brake System; Engine Idle Speed. REPLACE engine oil and filter. It's $68.48 with tax,shipping and handling for the book. Well worth it even for me, and I bring my 929 in to the shop!

Mr.Joshua

1 - 4 of 4 Posts