Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
925 miles on my \'02 9R

oh yeah. break in nearly complete.
it was weird, somewhere about the 870 mile mark, the bike just started feeling real smooth. after a 145 mile jog, turns out i am getting almost 44 mpg while keeping it at or under 6krpm. for those who care about gas mileage that is. heheh. /images/icons/wink.gif

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: 925 miles on my \'02 9R

Cool /images/icons/cool.gif

I'm only at 200km /images/icons/frown.gif That will go up this weekend though /images/icons/smile.gif.

Have you done anything with your rear fender yet? I'm going to attempt something this weekend. Picked up a turn signal integrator and I've got a dremel ready. I'll post pics when I get it done.

Oh ya, this is going to sound stupid but is there no way other than checking your tripmeter to know how much gas is left in the tank? Or waiting until it starts sputtering and then switching to reserve? My old 6E had a gas gauge so I'm kind of new to this no gauge setup /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

nope thats all you can do. use the trip meter. i went 144 miles on 3.3ish gallons today.

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

Why is it that bikes do not have a fuel guage? There have been a couple of times that I have looked in my tank and thought I could get a bit farther on it, but THANK GOD FOR RESERVE.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts

bikes an f'n rocket man...they all are i swear to you. wait till you can really open it up, best part about he 9 over a 750 or 6 is the low and mid range power...you dont' have to shift you can just lug through in 4th or 5th where i'd be in 3rd.... gotta be nice.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts