Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
And why shouldn't you? The Corvette has remained true to its original concept since 1953, while the 911 has turned into a bloated water cooled rear engined 928 built by a company run by accountants and more interested in turning out SUV's.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One day, I will have a COrvette. And I will enjoy spanking hte piss out of porshces :lol:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
For the money the Vette is a better buy IMO (it is around 25k less). You are comparing the Vette to the base model 911. The Carrera is the slowest 911, its a 910 & 1/2 :wink:. So dont be confused about the other 911 models, cause they will leave a Vette. But they also cost twice as much. Even though the Vette did better in the 0 to 60,100, & 150mph stats. The Porsche's winning margin in the 30-50mph & 50-70mph tests was very large, and the winning margin for braking was large also. The Porche also was rated better in handling. Plus a car with a $75,000 price tag does have fine things that the Vette wouldnt. But after saying all that, if I was on a budget and wanted a sports car. I would not get the Carrera. But never under estimate a Porsche.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Dunno said:
And why shouldn't you? The Corvette has remained true to its original concept since 1953, while the 911 has turned into a bloated water cooled rear engined 928 built by a company run by accountants and more interested in turning out SUV's.

[/ QUOTE ]Id have to bet that GM has more yuppied out SUVs on the road then Porshe ever will . True tot he original concept , na neither one , both have AC ,power steering , power seats ,windows all the luxary items not needed in a sports car .

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes the 30-50 and 50-70 marigns were largly in favor of the porshce thanks to a much shorter top gear.

just think what another 25k of work to the corvettte would do to it, it hold right there with the "best" porsche

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a boxter is in the same price range as a corvette, and it could be shown up by a Camaro SS in the right hands, especially if the course was realitivy open.

id buy a miate before a boxter, and that most likely will never happen

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
terrasmak said:
[ QUOTE ]
Dunno said:

[/ QUOTE ]Id have to bet that GM has more yuppied out SUVs on the road then Porshe ever will . True tot he original concept , na neither one , both have AC ,power steering , power seats ,windows all the luxary items not needed in a sports car .

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, you're right. Eff 'em both. I'll stick with bikes!

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a desire for a fast everything, Itll be a while before I own a corvette, when i get my license back in a year, im going ot buy a bike.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
wingswheels said:
I have a desire for a fast everything, Itll be a while before I own a corvette, when i get my license back in a year, im going ot buy a bike.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey Wings Kawasaki makes these one bikes its a Kawi 250 EX........ :smile:Oh but if you want to go bigger they have the Kawi 500 EX model also.....

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
those might be too much for me,

Im looking for at LEAST 10 hp AT THE TIRE. I could drive a fast car pretty fast, but give me a 10 hp bike, and Id have to take a step back, its far harder to ride those crotch rockets fast then drive a car fast you know, :lol: :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
For those who own or have owned a Vette know the fit and finnish leave a lot to be desired... Yes the car is fiberglass, but GM could put a little more effort into making parts fit... Not saying I don't like the vette's, I own an 81... My neighbor has a 67 and we have a constant corvette show on my block.... I listen to my neighbor's 911 going down the street and it just has such a nice tone to it... I've spent a lot of time as a teen screwing with porsche's and posche engine's to know their shortcomings.... The Vette may outperform the 911 in certain area's but one area it doesn't is quality.... If you realize when buying a vette that nothing lines up right and it is what it is it's a wonderful car to own....

On that, selling mine after the new year and I'm looking for either a 55-57 Chevy 150/210/Bel Aire or a 37-41 5 window coupe....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts