Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 2001 748S with 116mile on the clock. The price is under 11000.00 out the door. My question to you guys is this, if it comes down to owning one bike, I'll keep my FZ1 ; will I be able to recoup my money for the 748?

I've been down but I ain't out!!!

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
i've found, ducati's seem to hold their value. worded more accurately... although they DO depreciate, they certainly don't depreciate ANY WHERE NEAR as fast as the Japanese brands. i saw an almost 15 year old 851 the other week that i personally would've paid the price of a new jap 600 for... LOL although perhaps few and far between...? make no mistake... there are people (ie. wierdos) out here like me... :)

the mindset towards Japanese brands seems to be... Japanese ='s "disposable". while with ducati it's... Ducati ='s "collectable". hey... i didn't make it this way... but it is what is... :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I agree with Shamar. Plus, you seem to be getting a pretty good price on the 748. I don't think you'd have too much problem. Heck, check in here if you decide to sell it. You might find a buyer quicker than you think. Good luck.

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I just bought a 2001 728 (not S) for $11600 and everyone tells me I could sell it in a few years without much damage to the wallet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts