Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake is not working. I took it to the dealer and they bled it and it still totally useless. Any body else have this problem?

Update: 4/25/02 The rear break is starting to grab, the more I use it the stronger it gets..........?

I've been down but I ain't out!!!

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
I've got the same problem, called the shop about it and they said it's normal that there's hardly any reaction when applying it...
I just got back from a ride and cleaned my bike a bit, the brake lever is very warm to the touch, can this maybe be the cause? (asked in general because the cylinder is so close to engine)

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I rode my new 2001 748 yesterday and had the same problem. The dealer said to bring it in for bleeding. A friend of mine that has a late model duck rode it and said there was something wrong.

·
Registered
648 Posts
my 748's rear brake works fine now. but when i first got it i thought it didnt work since there was almost no feedback from the rear brake. but the more u ride it the more normal it seems. I havent changed anything in the rear brake, but after riding it for a few thousand miles it seems perfectly normal.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I've got about 400mi. on my 2001 now and the rear brake is slowly starting to work. The Duc mechanic told me that the rear brake on 748 "sucks" and that there is nothing I can do about it. In all fairness, the dealer does scare me a bit. Good luck! I have found that dragging steel toe boots on the pavement will make up the braking difference!

·
Registered
41 Posts
adjust the linkage from the lever to the pump. it is to tight causing the piston to block the fluid intake hole. can cause rear to pump up but usually fluid slowly leaks back to resevoir and dosnt get back into system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts