Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the forks from my 2001 748 in my 2001 M750. What do I need to make this swap? I know I need a new triple tree. Do I need a new axle, speedo gear, bearing, etc?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I just finished doing the same thing you want to do. You need to make shims for the lower triple... about .020 I think. The upper triple will have to be replaced. You could have it bored out, but I don't recommend it due to the lack of quality of the metal. This summer I'll be selling uppers to convert Monsters with SBK forks. Since the Monster already has a 25mm front axle, you're wheel, speedo drive, etc. will bolt right up. One thing you'll have to check it the calipers.... I can't remember what year the Monsters got the 65mm caliper mounts on the fork leg. Just double check.. and let me know if you need different calipers, as I've got a few sets lying around. Oh, one more thing.. the front fender will not fit. You'll have to get a SBK fender.

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Oh, one more thing.. the front fender will not fit. You'll have to get a SBK fender.

<hr></blockquote>

In carbon, the others won't fit. /images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/wink.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Same here...
MonsterJ is promising pictures since months!
/images/icons/tongue.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I want to put the Showa forks from my 996 on my Monster M900......How much are your kits going to cost ???????

<font color=red>GAME OVER MAN !!!!!!!!!!!! GAME OVER !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
It's going to be about $350ish for the production triples. I'll know something a little more in a few weeks. Forks vary in price....~$500. I usually have a good line on a set as people like to recover a little cash when they buy Ohlins R/T or SBK forks from me.

Pics will be up by this time next week... The Coast Guard is getting in the way of my maintenace that is left to be done!!

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts