Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the pics of my chopped fender? Well I wasnt as clever as I thought I was... I smashed my plate! I dont know if it was from one of my wheelies or smokin' a corner too hot... somehow the rear compressed enough and caught the plate pulling it forward.

I didnt realize the rear could compress so much, I figure that 4-5" of clearance from the tire was enough... obviously not.

My friend also said he could barely see my turn signals through the top vents... even at night.

So now I'm looking to integrate the turn signals into the tail lights... but the problem is that both brake lights share the same wiring and you can use http://www.sportbikeguy.com's wiring diagram to integrate!

But I did find this website : http://www.flashalert.com/taillightremoval.htm

Scroll to the bottom for the ducs and tell me what you think? All together, should be just over $100 bucks from them... is there a cheaper integrator?

M.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind,

Motowheels has them for $79.00 and you dont have to send your factory lights in for modification.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My plate got crunched and bent backwards in half! Remember how I mounted the plate light directly on top of the plate?

Well it took enough of a jolt to make the light bulb pop out!

M.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Man, you must ride like Evil Knievel to compress it that much. My plate seems to be at a safe enough angle that if I should ever touch down it will just scrape it (I hope). Not that I go around bouncing on my back wheel every day...
Anyway, just curious if you had any pics of your current turn signal setup. People tell me mine is plenty visible in bright sunlight, but I actually cut my vents and mounted them right at the outer edges. The high output LED's make all the difference too.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
I've got my integrators from MonsterJ at motowheels. They're also from Evoluzione and they work great! I had my doubts that my riding buddies would see them but they all love them! Great visibility and very trick looking!
The guys in my group all want a set like those for their bikes... (R1's, blades) Don't know if they exist though...

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
372 Posts
my $.02

Almost became a hood ornament many times last year with my signals in the vents, since installing the evoluzione kit, I have had no close calls. I recommend the evoluzione kit.

Being able to see the signals all depends on the vehicle. Some cars that followed me could see fine, while my wife in her pathfinder could not see them at all as she sits so high in the thing. All depends on the vehicle in my experience.

I would go with the Evo kit. Better safe then sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts