Sportbike Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Woo Hoo! I'm off for two whole weeks! :grin: Full day of riding here I come :809028-ridin:!

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
Ew.Pepsi.

Got some Amaretto: I can make some dr. Peppers now.
I also picked up a trial bottle of johnnie Walker Red Label. I've never really liked scotch; but I thought I'd give it another chance.

So, what was the Vodka you had?
You coming over to work on your bike tomorrow? (or to help me get the gas tank off mine?)

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Crudmop said:
Good lord - "Torque" has to be the worst pile of moose dung I have ever seen... :rolling: :kaboom:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a "cute" motorcycle movie. It actually looked like it was done by a motorcyclist; abeit one who went overboard.

Put it this way: atleast the motorcycles sounded like they should - unlike so many moves where the old Triumph Bonnie sounds exactly like the new CBR.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Apparently it was shot by a "biker" who could race at 70mph going the wrong way on an L.A. highway, lowside a bike, have another hit head on and flip over the bars, then immediately get up, fight, draw guns on each other and talk for a bit. This was after the chase scene thru the palm tree farm where they were riding no hands in rough dirt shooting at each other, jumping over fallen tree trunks, doing rolling 180 degree spinning stoppies, etc. I gotta meet the riders who do this often. :lol:

The Mille sounds like a twin sometimes, and sometimes it races past sounding like an I4 - I guess it must have some newfangled VTEC system that not only shuts down valves, but those pesky extra cylinders.

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
hence the "overboard" comment.

Kinda like car "enthusiasts" have Fast and Furious: 10second civics w/ full interior. HA!

Sadly, reality doesn't sell to the general populace. Faster will be viewed moslty by bikers; Torque by non-bikers.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Yeah, just, bad. I jsut found myself embarrassed watching it. I guess a straight honest riding movie would be boring to the rest of the world, and I suppose I can understand that - but damn, this was horrible.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Well just got back from my normal sunday ride , light showers nothing to bad . But i screwed up , we have some wierd road reflectors here that are about 2 inches high and square edged . Well i learned the hard way you cannot put your kneedown on them , they will rip you puck off and try pull you off the bike . Also the hard armor in the knee of my suit , well i broke it in two . F----k my knee hurts .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.