Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on when they will do a major update on the 6R for the US? Adding FI, dropping 20 lbs... Bringing over the 636 engine from Europe. Will the psuedomerger with Suzuki play a role?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
All this talk of FI is making me nuts.
My carb'ed 6R can spank any dude's FI F4i !!!

All I wish for when a new 6R comes along is more weightloss and more grunt.

Q.
Full tuck. Full speed. Full wood.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i dunno bout that dude, i did a roll on against a 2001 ninja that was stock, against an f3 and he didn't quite spank me, he picked up a lil faster, but after hte initial bike length he put no more distance on me up to 110....roll on started at about 40 i think. oh well, maybe your bike is different, i believe an r6 would walk away reeeeeal fast from me though. peace

willie

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thought Cycleworld (maybe?) was actually turning in slower lap times on an F4i over an F4. The F4i torque band was smaller and harder to use.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree that everyone is getting a little crazy about the FI, but I also see why. I'm pleased with the way my carbed bike performas, especially versus F4i and thelikes. But as one who is prone to tinkering, I can also appreciate how easy FI makes things. No more fuel screws and jets and needles, now just the infinitely adjustable FI curves to be played with using software, laptops, and dynos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts