Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, happy new year!

I'm new to this forum and new to sport biking too. I got a red '05 R6 last month and i'm still breaking my baby in. anyways, today I was going down Pacific coast highway for a nice relaxing drive and I was going with the flow of traffic. I kept a check on my mirrors the whole time and the coast was clear the whole way ... then all of a sudden I See flashing red and blue lights! I pulled over to the side and the cop gets out and asks for all my info and I luckily had it all on me. I asked him why I got pulled over and he said I was doing 55 in a 50 zone ........................ wtf :flame:. anyways I didnt even get a ticket or a warning and he kept talking to me about biking and that my bike is sweet. I was kissing his ass the whole time so i guess it paid off. Then on the way home some biker cop from 10 cars back weaves his way up to me and just starts sharing my lane I kept looking at him and he kept looking back ... wtf?? haha oh well good times! I learned a valuable lesson though: becareful on PCH on weekends!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I got pulled over 3 times in one week...and I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I had just gotten a yellow F4 (this was back in '01). They just wanted to hassle a new rider I suppose. I told the last 5.0 that pulled me over I was going to report them for harrasement, but I never did. After that I didn't really have any problems with them until I got a different bike. :bird:

I got pulled over in my truck one late night on the way to Deal's Gap with my bike in the back. (some small backwoods town). The dip-$#!t bragged about his lowered 'Busa with nirtous and blah blah blah....I don't give a damn that you've got a bike that can't turn! :flame:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Look on the bright side, Your bad a$$ bike saved you from getting a ticket for doing nothing wrong :808993-banghead: Better luck next ride! :808922-fiddy:
If you come down to the S.D. area for a ride let me know :waytogo: I can show you some nice roads :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I got pulled over on the way home from the dealership for riding with no tag, luckily the cop had a ZX9R at home. Then two days later got pulled over by a different cop in the same town for still not having my plate (DMV is only open tues-fri here), this time the cop had an Aprilia at home...he gave me a written warning. I've also been wrongfully harrassed by cops just for being on a sportbike, but luckily at that time i wasn't doing anything wrong so they couldn't stick me with anything...and they were real pricks, they would of if they could.

G

·
I ran from the cops today. It wasn't a chase run. I was squidding around and wheeled my bike with 2 cars a good bit ahead of me. I hit 2nd gear to about 90mph and came on the 2 cars. One was a cop going through the traffic light. He couldn't just turn around so he hit his lights and went to the next light a good ways down. I turned and hoped to god himself that the light turned green before i saw lights coming back up the road. I made it. :809028-ridin: "Don't do this at home!"

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I would imagine that SOME sportbikers might not know the full squidlyness of some of the guys who ride sportbikes. You really gotta get out and try to ride with difference packs, but dont stay too long with the dumb ones. I've ridden a couple times (somewhat by accident) with this one group of guys....i kid you not, they were sitting in a parking lot and I rode by asking if they were going to be riding anytime soon (I like to ride/cruise in a group from time to time) and they said ya. So I assume they're just going to cruise around town or maybe try and ride to a couple of the roads around here that actually have some decent curves...nope. These add wizards want to speed 80+/100+ mph down a straight well trafficed highway right in the middle of rush hour splitting cars. I kid you not, that's like their favorite thing to do. Play in rush hour traffic. I know a great majority of sportbikers avoid long trips on straight highways because it's boring, and who likes to ride during rush hour either...not these fackin' guys.

The cops can't tell those guys apart from the guys who like to just cruise at a semi-normal pace, hit the curves, tour, split cars once in a blue moon, do track days, ect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts