Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im changin the chain on my 2000 R1 and im wondering if i should go up 2 or 3 teeth on the rear sprocket. So what will it be 45 or 46? Anybody have experience/feedback on which one is better? What have you all done? Thanks in advance.

sometimes you just have to say "what the fock"!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
2-3 teeth man?? What's the point in that? You'll never keep the wheel down.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I was going to go up two in the rear sprocket of my R6 until I found out that the factory is a 48!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have been putting a 50 on there. So I went one down up front./images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
What's the big deal here? I went up 3 in the rear and LOVE IT! Sure you have to be careful in 1st gear but as long as you know the limits u will be fine... the up side is the bike is a monster down low and really pulls hard through the gears. Don't worry about it... you'll love it! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have tried many combo's of gearing. I like the 2 and 3 up on my 99. It depends on what kind of riding I will be doing,but the 3 up is my favorite all around. If I am going to be drag racing, I stick with 1 up from stock,this works with it being lowered so i can hammer first gear with only a small power wheelie in first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have 15/46, but i am also riding at mostly 8000ft elevation. i love the acceleration. just have a restrained wrist in 1st gear, you will be fine with a 46.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I went one up on the rear of my R6 (16/49) I did it mainly to shorten the wheelbase, it already wheelies easy enough. My 750 is 17/42 and it pulls like a MF'er and will still do third gear standups. I am in AZ so the elevation isn't very high.

My toys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts