Sportbike Racing Forum banner

207+ HP Superbikes? no worries for the Brits...

464 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Gixer1K 
#1 ·
And possibly (rule-legal) GP-like "big bang" motors to boot. Check out Yosh's own performance #s for the new GSXR1000 Superbike at crash.net--220 HP in the works :blush:.

And here on this side of the pond, the AMA is working on downsizing their so-called "Superbike" class (apparently, both machines and venues :rolling:), while the BSB is looking to be turning up the heat with 220 HP big bang beasts. The Empire truly is striking back.

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
clax said:
They need to re-think the rules. SBK is not MotoGP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I kinda have to disagree with that. SBK has rules that seperate it from GP, if they are able to make a production bike pull that kinda power within the rules, then I say do it! It is Superbike after all.

#6 ·
""Rizla Suzuki's team coordinator Simon Green admitted in a recent lecture to University students that a rear wheel power figure of the new K5 model is expected to be around 220bhp, taking the performance of the Superbike into MotoGP territory."" :applause: :bow:

Thats fooking crazy!!. I like it!! :lol2:

#7 ·
Re: 207+ HP Superbikes? no worries for the Brits..

[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
""Rizla Suzuki's team coordinator Simon Green admitted in a recent lecture to University students that a rear wheel power figure of the new K5 model is expected to be around 220bhp, taking the performance of the Superbike into MotoGP territory."" :applause: :bow:

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck would something like that cost? I read in BIKE Nakanos ZXRR was worth $876,257. How much would someone expect to drop on converting a production bike to a 220bhp BSB?

#8 ·

[ QUOTE ]
evander said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck would something like that cost? I read in BIKE Nakanos ZXRR was worth $876,257. How much would someone expect to drop on converting a production bike to a 220bhp BSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its only money bra !! :lol2:

#9 ·

[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
evander said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its only money bra !! :lol2:

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of the best in the business to carry out the R&D Yoshimura. Yes!!! :waytogo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.