Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking into buying a new car in June and I'm considering the 2005 Mustang and I need some advice. I'm 6'2" and my wife is beleives that I'm to tall for the car. She would prefer if I got a BMW or some other high priced foreign car. I driven a Vette once before and even though I had to roll into the car I had no problems with the height or width. If there is anyone that is my height that owns a sports car that could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
I am getting one sometime next year......and for you wisea** out there that like to fook with me about my age......insurance is no longer a matter at my age....... :waytogo:

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
I am getting one sometime next year......and for you wisea** out there that like to fook with me about my age......insurance is no longer a matter at my age....... :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

We call them the mid-life-crisis-mobile.
Often found w/ old men at the drive-thru Tim Horton's.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I just knew I was opening myself up there...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,497 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I'm often in a Tim Horton's drive thru and I'm not nearly as old as Byron. :lol:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Haven't sat in a new one nor drove the out going model, it seems like they always mentioned the outgoing model was a bit of a bitch for taller people...and i've read they've really improved that in the new '05s. Screw BMW/Audi/ect. Go test drive the new mustang and look at NEW 2004 Pontiac GTOs...they should be going for what new 2005 Mustang GTs are going for right now, probably has a nicer interior and more room in the backseat (for your young ones, which might be one reason your wife wants you to look at BMW/Audi/ect ect?) Or if the kids riding in it don't matter you could try and find a good deal on a slightly used C5, someone who traded it in or is selling it to get a new C6. Or if the kids do matter and you decide on a 4 door, if you do look at BMW/Audi/ect might want to check out the Honda Accord Hybrid, if you load up Accord they're pretty nice...plus 255hp when needed and 30mpg in the city when not needed, good stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't know much about the interior and how you will fit in it, but I do know about the 3 valve motor they put in it.... :frown: PM me for more details!

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
First you have to decide what kind of car you want. The mention of fine European cars in the same sentence as a Mustang would indicate you have not done this.

It's like asking whether you should choose between a Hardly Davidson or a Ducati. They both do something well, but on opposite ends of the spectrum. Apples and Oranges my friend.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
If the Mustang's what you want, then knock yourself out!!

Having said that, the last American car I ever owned/drove was a Ford. And please do note that I said "Last" and "Was".

Scott :smile:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
scotteq said:
If the Mustang's what you want, then knock yourself out!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm...so does that mean that he would be too tall for the 2005 Mustang?... :wink: :cwm27: (Sorry Scott..couldn't resist)

I can't realistically comment on the height issue, since we don't have Mustangs in the UK unless someone has imported an older model, but I DID see a really tall guy fold himself out of an MG once...watching him was like watching the Alien in "Alien" unfolding itself from its' hiding place at the end of the film ...Standing next to it I don't think the roof reached even as high as the guys' crotch!!:crazy: All I can say is that he must have really loved that car...and if your height does turn out to be an issue with it, then you have to really love the car to get it!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have driven all body styles since the 87-93 Fox bodies, and the the 94-98, then the 99-04, all of them have fit me well and I am 6'3" tall. I havent sat in the 05 but I dont see why it would be any different.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm 6'0 and i owned a 2000 model GT that i didn't really fit in. I have already gone down and sat in/test drove a 2005. Needless to say i have ordered a screamin' yellow GT 5-spd 8^)
It'll match my '69 nicely

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
scotteq said:
....but I DID see a really tall guy fold himself out of an MG once...watching him was like watching the Alien in "Alien" unfolding itself from its' hiding place at the end of the film ...Standing next to it I don't think the roof reached even as high as the guys' crotch!!:crazy: ......

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the old MG's, for as small as they were, had lots of leg room. The drivers side footwell stretches out pretty far around the motor (which was pretty narrow anyway). My Miata is the same way, and I'm 6'1". Legrooms not an issue, it's just actually getting in and out of a car that low to the ground thats hard. I kinda have tou 'pour' myself into it, and 'roll' out of it!

I imagine the Mustang should'nt be much of a problem, except for maybe long periods of highway, or on and of the clutch in heavy traffic.

But as every else said.....go sit in the car!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, I'm 6'2 and I fit in my Miata just fine. Like Jaseman said, getting into and out of is a little different and I imagine it looks kinda funny to people who watch but whatever. I can fit into much smaller parking spaces than they can in the Expedition.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts