Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting a message but I have been reading your post for months. I have a new blue 2002 R1 and it already has a booboo. This is embarrassing but I was backing my bike in the bottom of my apartment garage and left my Brake Disk Lock on. First time I make this mistake it had to be on a brand new bike. I ended up cracking off my front fender in the bottom corner. I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest place to buy a blue 2002 r1 front fender? Do you guys think I should just go for the Carbon Fiber? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
It's going to be tough to find places to buy parts for the 2002's. Best chance will have to be your dealer for now. I'd stay away from the carbon fiber too... unless you have a lot of money and want to trick out the whole bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Blue '02 was knocked over in a parking lot, luckily only the rt mid cowl decal was damaged, but what I found of from the dealer is nothing is availible from them, not even a sticker. They don't even have the parts books yet, or any part numbers for anything (except spark plugs and air filters) But good luck with finding one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My local dealer found a 2002 blue front fender from the Atlanta wharehouse. Streetracer, they said they could get any body parts or stickers for 2002 R1. Tell your local dealer to look harder. Takes 3 days to ship. Hurry before the summer dumps. $93.28 for stock front fender. I'm going with it. Hey guys thanks for the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts