Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: 2002 \"Big Bike\" Shootout

Actually, if you read the article, thay say the R1 is on good for a "quick blast" because it is too uncomfortable, leaving the Honda (as always) the best choice for the town I live in called "the real world" and I don't mean some over-rerun MTV series.

In pure truth though, the pick between these bikes comes down to your preference in brand and looks.

Ride Red!!!

When you see flashing lights...drop two and go!

·
Registered
7,835 Posts

You're right Motoman - That new R1 DOES look good in Red!!!/images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
640 Posts

fine print.... "if buying the R1, be sure to purchase any and every extended warranty option available. Oh, and we deeply apologize for yet again failing to compete with the liter bike king. Gixxer 1000, we worship you."

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Mirage, I see you want me to get kicked off this site. Reason, i'll post more of the favorites.

Take it to the streets.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Motoman, i'll second that, ride red.................... R1 ...... I've ridden an R1 for years and i'm comfortable as ever on it. Except when I have a chica on back. Wrists begin to hurt.

Take it to the streets.

·
Registered
12 Posts

If you have ridden a R1 forever and are completely in love with them, why is this post not in the Yamaha section? Are you secretly in love with Honda's and are just scared to buy one?

·
Registered
698 Posts

I think a bunch of midgets beat him up once, stole his money and his bike, and the last thing he saw was the Honda logo on the belly pan of the getaway motorcycle that ran over his chest /images/icons/laugh.gif. Just kidding, but I don't think anyone (including CLovaR1) takes this comparisons too seriously anymore. If anything, it supports the ball-busting you give guys who ride the "other brands" /images/icons/laugh.gif.

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts

CLova~ I wouldn't want you kicked of this site. I mean, who else am I going to try to convert to a nice new shiney <font color=red>954</font color=red>? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
141 Posts

Why do people continue to buy these off-brand bikes? They spend all their time trying to justify their purchase, instead of just buying a Honda and getting it over with. The 954 is clearly the best bike for the real world.

I have ridden R1s and Gxxr 1s and the Honda is just a better bike for real world riding...period! The R1 is uncomfortable and the Gxxr will of course breakdown often, besides the fact that the handling doesn't match the power.

Do people really think Honda can't get more power out of the 954? Of course Baba Son could, but as he has stated he is balancing power with handling.

Ride Red!!! Go Home all you Off-Brand riders.

·
Registered
698 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The 954 is clearly the best bike for the real world.

<hr></blockquote>

I beg to differ. I think the VFR800 or FJR-1300 is a much better choice than the 954 if real-world practicality is what you're looking for. Heck, the new Honda Metropolitan may be a better alternative depending on where you live /images/icons/laugh.gif. Sportbikes (whatever brand, who cares) for me are escape from the "real world". Right now, excitement means more to me than comfort. For that, I'll drive my car. I'm young and in pretty good shape so comfort on a sportbike isn't that important to me. When it is, I'll get a Corbin seat and Heli bars /images/icons/laugh.gif.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Beg all you want! Jesus I have to be so damn specific around here!! I'm talking about the four open-class bikes and the fact that the 954 is the best of the four for the real-world. I didn't mean out of any class of bike or any bike ever made! If I meant that I would be talking about the goldwing which is "sporty" and comfortable.

I'm seriously thinking about opening a motorcycle repair shop. Somebody must be making a fortune rebuilding all those detinated R1s and Gixxrs.

"if buying the R1, be sure to purchase any and every extended warranty option available" MCN.com

Ride Red!! Nicky and Ricky dominating HONDA style!

·
Registered
698 Posts

LOL /images/icons/laugh.gif!!! Dude I think you wear your underwear too tight [whisper]switch to boxers, briefs are for little boys[/whisper] /images/icons/laugh.gif. I'm just busting your balls man /images/icons/laugh.gif. I know what you meant. Seriously though, don't sleep on the Kawi in the all-around department. All of their sportbikes are more comfortable than the competing bikes of the "other three" and have the midrange to match. As far as reliability goes, it's really difficult to buy an unreliable sportbike nowadays.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Yo mama!! Dude I'm just bustin' back. The kaw is too damn heavy, if you are that much into comfort and don't demand the razor handling of a 954 then buy a VFR!

A couple of my friends ride Kaws and we always have to stop when we pass tall green grass so they can graze for a while...it's really embarassing.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

Everybody knows that the Kawi is the best bike for the "real world". So what if it's "too heavy" as you put it. It's heavy compared to the competition, but that's it. Hell, 5 years from now everybody will be saying the 954 is too heavy. Don't get me wrong here cuz I like Honda's as well as I do Yamaha and Kawasaki, but i'm really sick of hearing Honda hiding behind the whole "we try and build the best all around bike" excuse for not making the power of their peers. It's all one big rat race if you ask me. All the bikes out there are sweet.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
698 Posts

Well now the R1 and 954 are pretty much on the same level. I think anyone of these manufacturers could have built an engine like the Gixxer 1000. Heck, the 954 and R1 are pretty much there with little change to their engines (besides a bigger bore an FI) in the last 4 years. And you have to admit, that Honda V-5 four-stroke is has the competition scratching their heads /images/icons/smile.gif!

·
Registered
376 Posts

I have never asked the question, but how did Suzuki get more power out of their motor, cam valves, head design etc, not just more cc's?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.