Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come for me to start the process of selling the GSXR /images/icons/frown.gif It pains me and saddens me to do it though. This is not an easy thing to do for me, but it needs to be done as if I dont its just going to collect dust for 2 years till I'm even close to ready to ride again.

So here is what I have...

2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Black & Silver
think about 2.5-3k miles on the bike right now, I'll have to recheck
Has been through one low speed lowside, all parts replaced, not much needed to be done tho, I took the beating from getting run over, as most of you already know.
Completely stock bike, changed oil at 300, 650, 1000, 2000 miles using factory filter and Silkolene 10w40 non-synthetic. I used Silkolene chain lube and loved it, awesome stuff man! I highly recommend it, as I do the Silkolene oils, really good stuff. I love this bike and I dont want to sell it, but it makes no sense to keep onto something for 2 years when I'm not going to use it whatsoever for a long time. Tires are well scuffed in edge to edge front and rear, no track time on the bike, just Colorado Mountains which is where I found the patch of sand and the SUV to run me over /images/icons/wink.gif. Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say really, oh, the lowside was on the right hand side of the bike, not the left. If you want them you can have all the old plastic to swap out if your gonna go on a track day, hehe. The tires have lots of center tread left, lots and lots of center tread, the sides are about halfway worn down I'd say, but its been a while since I've taken a close look at em.

At this point I'm just taking offers and will be updating actual mileage and more info on tire condition later.

Duane
email me if you like
[email protected]

<font color=red>The dark side awaits you...Are you prepared?</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wink /images/icons/smile.gif

Also, if you want to know more you can email me
[email protected]

*bump*

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, edit bump didnt work, I'll try the real thing /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

Also, the bike is now fixed and ready for sale. <font color=blue>3Banger took her out for a test run after we were done and can confirm that the bike is in perfect shape with 2400 miles on her.</font color=blue> <font color=red>Asking price is $9000.00 which is about $500 lower than the bikes in my area that have more miles on it.</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for the pictures of the bike from the day it was put back together. I'll try and post em soon, or if you want more pictures of the bike email me and I'll use the digital cam and shoot some for ya and email em back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts