Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just wondering if there's anybody out there that has any input as to the HP changes from piping a 2000 ZX-9R, or similar year. I'm looking at a newer ZX-9R and would likely put a full Muzzy exhaust on it, and jet it. I was just wondering if anyone could give an idea as to what kind of HP increase would result. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 2001, same as 2000, and installed a full Akrapovic and Dynojet Jet kit for an increase of 12HP & 3TQ. Most of the power increase was at the last 4000rpm's, but the torque curve was smoothed out across the rev range. I chose the Akrapovic over Muzzy simply to keep it quieter.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
633 Posts
Oh yeah, well my 2001 ZX9R made .9hp more. So there, HA!

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Dyno Runs:

119 hp STOCK
127 hp Two Bros slipon and jet kit..

Of course, I'm running at 5,400 ft...I expect around 135-140 after I move to sea level..

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
It's common to see 127 - 132 stock for a 2000 or 2001 9R. AFter a pipe and jet kit, and timing, 138-144 is pretty common. (for average altitude! not like Ol Blue there!) /images/icons/smile.gif

BA
"<font color=blue>How about never, is never good for you??</font color=blue>"

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dynoed at 130.7 hp stock, and there are some 9R's that have a full exhuast, jet kit and timing advancer running 143 to 144 hp. Its all in the carb tunning after the exhaust is put on.

"Something wicked this way comes"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts