Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying leathers, mostly for street use or an occasional track day. The thing is that I won't wear them all the time (to work and such...) so I figured a two piece would be more logical because I could always wear the jacket. Also, I would buy something with a race legal full zipper like the Joe Rocket Highside. Any input or personal experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i have the alpinestars leather track pants and they zip almost 360 degrees to my alpinstars V4 jacket. i only wear the pants for weekend canyon runs, and always wear the jacket. $300 for the pants (knee sliders included) and $370 for the jacket i believe from kneedraggers.com

WHAT?

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Can't comment on the Joe Rocket apparel but I like my Dainese leathers alot. Full circumfrence zipper (metal) too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought Joe Rocket Speedmaster jacket and pants and they fit great. I don't think custom made stuff could fit me better. The only thing I don't like is the huge speed hump. I didn't realize it would be so big and unless you're wearing it at the track it looks kinda poser-ish but otherwise it looks good. Oh well, my main reason for buying the leathers was for protection, not just to look cool and I think it will do a good job if I ever have a "road test".

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have a Spidi Hook 2pc suit. It has full zippers, and CE armor in elbow/forearms, shoulders, knees/shins.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
835 Posts
My J.R. Highside 2 piece is a good value for the $$$ and held up well after a 70mph lowside. I still wear it today.

Later,
Rob
<font color=red>Follow the leader, "He's on a HONDA!"</font color=red>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts