Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
A day I will never forget despite my best efforts to. In the confusion and chaos that is battle, I did not know about the fight these two guys put up just a few hundred meters away from where my squad was until much later.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:
A day I will never forget despite my best efforts to. In the confusion and chaos that is battle, I did not know about the fight these two guys put up just a few hundred meters away from where my squad was until much later.

[/ QUOTE ]YZF ~ sorry to bring up some bad memories for you..... :bow:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
YZF ~ sorry to bring up some bad memories for you..... :bow:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. You did not dredge anything up. Those memories are there and will never go away. In retrospect, they shouldn't. The acts of brave men should live on in the brain of those who saw them commited.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I'm glad to see someone keeping the memory of these men, and their heroism alive. Here's a link to the series of newspaper articles that became the book that became the movie. A lot better than the Hollywood treatment:

Philly Inquirer

I stand in awe of the courage shown by Gordon and Shughart, and by all MoH recipients. Most of the citations are available online, and they make for some amazing reading.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I strongly suggest everyone read "BlackHawk Down" and Chief Durant's book, "In The Company of Heroes". Both great books.

I had the pleasure of meeting quite a few Rangers who were over in Somalia, just after they got back from over there. The stories they told me, I will never forget, a lot of those stories are in the book "BlackHawk Down".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts