Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan 21st at 2:50 PM CST I will be departing the good ole USA for 3 years at Ramstein AFB in Germany. I am scheduled to land at 7:10 AM local German time on the 22nd at the Frankfurt Airport. I will not have a computer for 20 to 30 days after I get there, but will probably be able to access the site from work. Can't wait to get to meet the European membership.

See ya over there
Chris

·
eratbiker
3,826 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Autobahn said:
Jan 21st at 2:50 PM CST I will be departing the good ole USA for 3 years at Ramstein AFB in Germany. I am scheduled to land at 7:10 AM local German time on the 22nd at the Frankfurt Airport. I will not have a computer for 20 to 30 days after I get there, but will probably be able to access the site from work. Can't wait to get to meet the European membership.

See ya over there
Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

hey guys how about we do an early wake up and welcome him at the airport?

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
No problem for me- I can get to the airport, say hello, and get back into my bed within 1 1/2 hours :tongue:

What about you, Hans? :smirk:

What's so bad about Ramstein? The weather isn't worse than anywhere else, there are nice roads just around the corner- and Luxemburg, France and Hockenheim are just a hop away :waytogo:
And it's a nice region to go hiking I heard :smile:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Mhm.. :grin:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
:lol:

The only idea I have of US-Bases in germany I got from the movie "Buffalo Soldiers" :grin:
Looked like fun :smile:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well damnit, we have been delayed by 1 week, instead of flying out on the 21st and landing the 22nd, we are flying out the 28th and landing the 29th. Apparently I need an "official" passport. No idea why my normal passport with the blue cover won't work, I have to have one with a red cover. I sent all the stuff off to get the official one, supposed to be expedited :rolling:

See you all on the 29th now.

Chris

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
It begins at 9am in Koblenz, we'd have to leave in Frankfurt airport at about 7:45-
leaving the 28th could mean 8am the 29th local time, so even though he hadn't started yet he'd be late by 15 minutes.

i guess it would be very tight, but the idea was good :crazy:

if he arrives before 8 local time, has nothing to do until late evening, got 110€ and isn't tired- i still have a seat free in the car.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the flight is supposed to land at 7:10 am local Frankfurt time on the morning of the 29th. I have been checking every day to see the average landing time and its usually around 20 minutes early at 6:50 am. BUT, I will have my wife and 2 dogs with me, and a person from the base is going to be there to pick us up, so even though I get in early enough I can't go. I wouldnt have a bike anyway, my scoot doesnt get to Germany until around mid March.

Chris

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
you don't need a bike, the training is done on rental bikes. you only need 100€ for fees and rental, maybe 10-15€ for gear, 5€ each crash and a free place (shouldn't be a big problem).

we go there by car, i pick up some guys in frankfurt.

if you let your wife do some shopping in town she won't be finished by the time we return :grin:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Autobahn said:
Well the flight is supposed to land at 7:10 am local Frankfurt time on the morning of the 29th. I have been checking every day to see the average landing time and its usually around 20 minutes early at 6:50 am. BUT, I will have my wife and 2 dogs with me, and a person from the base is going to be there to pick us up, so even though I get in early enough I can't go. I wouldnt have a bike anyway, my scoot doesnt get to Germany until around mid March .

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Good timing - the Nuerburgring opens in March from what I remember. I'll be heading up on the first weekend it opens to grab a season card. You're in a great location - it's just around the corner for you, and the Hockenheimring is closeby as well.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
When Kristian says "great location" and "just around the corner" that means you're only 1 hour away if you blast along the highway going 260 like he does :crazy:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
specialsymbol said:
When Kristian says "great location" and "just around the corner" that means you're only 1 hour away if you blast along the highway going 260 like he does :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol:

300km from the entrance to the ring to my doorstep in 2 hours isn't *that* bad!

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Considering the first 50kms from the ring go through backroads and villages.. :crazy:

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
kristian80 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Autobahn said:
Well the flight is supposed to land at 7:10 am local Frankfurt time on the morning of the 29th. I have been checking every day to see the average landing time and its usually around 20 minutes early at 6:50 am. BUT, I will have my wife and 2 dogs with me, and a person from the base is going to be there to pick us up, so even though I get in early enough I can't go. I wouldnt have a bike anyway, my scoot doesnt get to Germany until around mid March .

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Good timing - the Nuerburgring opens in March from what I remember. I'll be heading up on the first weekend it opens to grab a season card.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one I can borrow a few times, right?? :grin:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
pimmie said:
[ QUOTE ]
kristian80 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Autobahn said:

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Good timing - the Nuerburgring opens in March from what I remember. I'll be heading up on the first weekend it opens to grab a season card.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one I can borrow a few times, right?? :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure....for only 10 EUR per lap :wink:. No prob :grin:

The prices have gone up slightly for this year on both the Hockenheimring and Nuerburgring. 750 EUR for a season card is still pretty damn good though.

[ QUOTE ]
Considering the first 50kms from the ring go through backroads and villages.. :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept to the speed limits through the villages and on the back roads...can't be promoting a bad image can I?

:809028-ridin:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I kept to the speed limits through the villages and on the back roads...can't be promoting a bad image can I?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I didn't want to imply you'd behave like a streethog- I wanted to point out there are still 250km left, and the first 50km you average maybe ..70? :wink: :grin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts