Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my 12,000 mile tune up, while my bike is in the shop for accident repair. My dealer is doing it for free, a very nice jesture. What does it cost on a 955i engine? My old Sprint was around $325.00, but it was a older carbuerated bike, if that makes a difference.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I don't know I did my own. Sounds about right. I remeber the dealer ship spewing out something like that when I bought the bike. Trying to convince me to buy some sort of maintance plan. Did he say what the valve cleance was when he got in there?

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
944 Posts
The 12k service is when the factory sez the first valve adjustment should be done for the ST motor. Are they doing that for free too? That would be nice of them.

2002 Triumph Sprint ST
World Storehouse of useless Knowledge

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skohl, I just hit 12,123 miles on my bike, so it is due for a checkup. Yup, he said he would do it for free. He is a really good dealer and I have been a pretty good customer.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
56 Posts
For free, nothing is free.
It is a big job, I did my own over the winter and if they do everything in the schedule it would take a couple of days for a pro. Mine was stretched out to over a month but I'm no pro. Maybe a box of chocolates and a BJ would cover it. I wouldn't do it for that, I drink beer and smoke fine erbs.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
FREE including the valve adjustment? If that is so yu have a very generous deal going. Expect to pay around $300 for a full 12k service. You can cut the costs down by doing all of it yourself or most of it. I performed all except the valve adjustment and saved myself about $200.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep! for free, not bad at all. Mind you the dealer has done very well by me being a customer. I bought the bike from them, had my 95' Sprint Serviced for two years, bought over $1000 in acc's and two unfortuate accidents for over $8000. I guess the $280 you guys said for the 12,000 service is being worked in somehow. He really is a great dealer!

Triumph Sprint ST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts