Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you were given $10,000 tax free? It’s not a huge sum of money but it’s a nice chunk. I figure since this is a motorcycle group most would probably buy a bike. I could be wrong. Would some of you start a new business? If so what kind? Buy a new car? Down payment on a house? Invest in the stock market? Save it for your kids college? Pay off bills? Go to the bank and get 10,000 one dollar bills and roll around naked on it. BTW unless those are “new” bills that’s pretty gross. Would you spend it on a dream trip? What would you do with $10,000?

G

·
I'd have to invest it in the stock market, or something that will double my money. NO NOT CRACK OR HEROIN!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ADRNLN71 said:
I'd pay for my g/f's cancer treatments, or for whatever that would cover for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

:bow: :bow:

I'd pay the bills.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ten grand...yeah I think everyone could spend it within an hour if they had to... :laugh:

If I was going to just spend it on stuff (and be self indulgent);
1) New tires, and some dual mini Fiamm horns for the bike.
2) Nice leather jacket (from Vanson), potentially custom.
3) Dedicated track bike and a dozen track days.
4) Riding school ( maybe that should happen before #3)
5) Cabinet saw, 10" from Sawstop (table saw that stops when
it hits flesh instead of wood) and a couple thousand in woodworking tools.
6) Nice A/V receiver, Denon or Onkyo mid to high end.
7) Snowboard vacation.
8) Paying for a two week ride (with some friends) to nowhere in particular.
9) Go to some MotoGP races. Maybe the Isle of Mann race too.

Reality would be much more dull (put money in bank, spend on dull things like washing machines, kitchen appliances, etc) but since that 10K hasn't shown up yet, I'm going to continue to dream of fun things.
:grin:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would pay for a hitman to take out paintball. And whatever I had left I would put down on an '05 6r

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
joe- bit of advice, don't test out your table saw, or even better NEVER STICK YOUR FINGER IN A SPINNING BLADE

what if you wanted to cut foam or something, would it sense soft, and stop? what if there was silicon caulk on a piece of wood you were working with, what if you wanted to chop someones hand off? so many possible situtations where its a bad thing :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.