Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang...I'm going to finally upgrade from my "slider jeans" and generic (albeit nice and thick) leather jacket that I've been riding in, and I need some advice on the fit of a 1-piece leather race suit I'm thinking of ordering online.

The suit is an AGV Delta I'm looking at on http://www.mawonline.com

The price is right ($349.95), and it looks like it has pretty decent features for the price. (i.e. knee caps/sliders, foam armor in shoulder/knees/and elbows, as well as foam back pad)

The fit chart on www.mawonline.com suggests a US 50 (Euro 60) for 6'-6'3" and 190# - 220#, with waist from 33-36".

I am right in that range, at 6' and 200# (at the moment LOL) with a 35" waist.

The only thing I am concerned about is chest measurement. (NO flaming here please, I am not trying to brag! LOL) I inherited my dad's build, and my cheast measures about 48"-50" (Depending on where I'm at in my gym routine).

I have reservations about this suit being large enough in the chest. The next size up jumps to a US 52, for 6'1" - 6'4" and 220-235#, with waist 34-37"

I don't want the suit to be too baggy, either in length or waist, but obviously need it to fit across the chest.

Anybody have any suggestions? Are there any odd-proportioned guys out there like me, who can offer some advice??

Thanks in advance!

<font color=green>Objects in Mirrors are <font color=red>LOSING!!</font color=red></font color=green>

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say to go with the larger size. I have a 1 piece Teknic Chicane and I had to go with a size bigger than the chart suggested and it fits really well. A friend of mine had to do the same thing. Are there any shops in your area that handle suits and boots where you could try one on for fit? I went to a local shop and purchased mine. A paid a little more but being able to try one on was worth it.You could always try it on , get the proper size, and order online. If you buy online make sure they dont have a restocking fee on returns just in case it doesnt fit. Good luck with whatever you decide.
By the way, thats a nice looking bike.

hey everett..........want some gofer?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I have an AGV jacket that I bought in a size 50, according to their sizing chart. I'm 6'2" and about 225-230 pounds with a 36-inch waist and about a 48-inch chest. The size 50 was much too large and I had to exchange it for a 48, which fits perfectly. So, I'd say they run pretty true to advertised size. But you might want to get the larger size anyway so you don't get a "wedgie" when you're crouched on the bike. Not sure if this helps you or not.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have the AGV Modena 1pc suit in Euro 64 and it fits me pretty good. I'm exactly 6'3 and fluctuate between 255-262#. My biggest problem was finding suits that had big enough legs, but the AGV fits pretty damned good. I have about a 49" chest, 38-39" waist and 28" thighs. Needless to say I've had a hard time finding leathers that fit. What does this mean for you???? I also checked out the size chart on MAW, and I fit where I'm supposed to. I would suggest getting the size you're supposed to have, as mine fit like advertised...perhaps a bit on the loose side, but barely. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I went with my initial instinct, and ordered the US50 size. (Along with some AGV Pro RR boots, and Carbon 7 gloves! /images/icons/smile.gif)

I am especially glad to hear that your suit fits exactly according to the fit chart Erik...that makes me feel pretty confident mine should fit good.

<font color=green>Objects in Mirrors are <font color=red>LOSING!!</font color=red></font color=green>

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
ive spoken with people who have larger chests then usual which causes a problem when picking size and most of them have said that they see which fits their body and go one size up so that their chest has a good fit.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
After telling you my story, I certainly hope your suit fits the way I think it will. I'm usually leary of specialty items like suits because two suits labelled the same may fit slightly different. I got the 62 initially and it was way too tight, so I returned it for the 64 and it was great. I got the smaller size after everyone said to get the smaller size because they said the suit will stretch. I'm glad I got the bigger size. If you look at the pro's, their suits fit on the snug side, but they have full range of motion and you can see the leather move around a bit. Of course they are custom made, but IMO a tight suit isn't a good thing. Hope all works out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts