Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'02 Tail light question

OK fellas, not familiar cuz I don't have one but the new R1's tail lights. Are they wired through a ckt board or are the LED's sealed or something like that? A friend wanted to split the two outside bulbs (led's) and intagrate (sp?) them into turn signals but said they were sealed or something like that so he couldn't. I dunno, it ain't mine and he lives to far away to see it. It's easy to do, but he said no go. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: \'02 Tail light question

C'mon guys, somebody on here has the bike. Take a peek??? Thankx....(yes, he's a squid too.) I want to get him out there though. /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
195 Posts

i had a buddy want me to do it to a r-6 the circuit board (just a metel piece) it was not gonna work without a lot of work and engineering but if you find a simple way or instructions let me know untill then keep it up on one wheel

<font color=green>sorry officer the dealer must have filled my front tire with helium or something</font color=green>

·
Registered
66 Posts

another kind of tail light question.. I was pulled over sunday afternoon by a florida state trooper. He was going to give me a ticket ( I did some fast talking) for my tail light, saying it was illegal. I have an '02 R1, and he didn't believe me that it was a factory light, when he looked at the lense he could not find the DOT marking, neither could I. Next he took pictures of it and told me I should be expecting a recal notice in the near future. Something about the angle the brake light is visible or something. Just though I would let everyone know what the troopers say about our bad ass tail lights...

·
Registered
566 Posts

you need to look at the bottom on the right side...cute little three letters.......DOT...I looked and they are there

·
Registered
78 Posts

I don't know about the R1 but based on the pictures it seems to be made the same way as the 2001 R6 (which I have). You cannot integrate the blinkers into the tail section with the Yamaha LEDs. Sorry. I've talked to mechanics as well.

John

·
Registered
5,356 Posts

yes you can. go to www.flashalert.com. they modify and do it for you. they cut the board in half and re-soldier(sp?)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

yes you can. go to www.flashalert.com. they modify and do it for you. they cut the board in half and re-soldier(sp?)

<hr></blockquote>

That's what I thought and from the pic's Spiderman showed it looks like you can take it apart. I'm gonna go down and see. (He lives an hour and a half away so it's a pain in the A$$) As long as that tailight isn't sealed up with silicon or isn't a "self contained unit of some sort," it should be easy to do. The wiring wouldn't be to bad but I want to be positive it will go back together.You'd think he'd come up here, ya know! Thanks for the info everybody.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts