Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'02 R1 triple tree question

Folks. I was washing my bike today when I noticed that there is more of the right shock than the left sticking out of the top of my triple clamp. Is this normal? the bike doesn't pull to either direction with my hands off the bars, or seem to move weird at all, but I have been a little worried since I found it this morning..thanks for any info anyone might have...

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Re: \'02 R1 triple tree question

Can you take a pic? My '01 is flush on both sides... But if it's cockeyed I would straighten them personally.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Steetracer, they should be equal. My 02 R1 had them set equal from the factory. Look at your owner’s manual and use the tools under the rear seat to adjust it. Didn’t you just complain about headshake under hard acceleration a couple of days ago? This would cause it being that the front-end shock heights are unbalanced. Do the shocks load evenly under hard braking or does the bike seem to want to tweak one way?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

check your head bearing tightness if you caused that to happen as well (mine had to be tightened and I haven't has a slapper like you). Your bike is so new your dealer might set or equalize your fork tubes under warranty.. If your not using a dampener yet get one and you might want to stiffen that rear shock up...........

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm bringing in to the shop tomorrow. I guess I really didn't put the shake and this together. Thanks fellas. I want to order my steering damper, but need to find a wholesaler. retail is for suckers...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts