Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about 02 r1 rear seat cowls from Yami? My dealer said that they don’t even have a part number yet for it. Yami doesn’t have the 2002 accessories catalog out yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on one.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
let me know when you find it...... cause I haven't seen one and have also seen this topic over at Swedies R1 forum and nothing.. People will tell you go check Yamahas site or that the dealer should have the part number but I haven't seen a single 02 R1 with one yet.. GIve me a shout if you find a dealer that can get so I can buy one 2.....

http://www.tobefast.com

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SpidermanSS,

I found the part number on the Yamaha’s Canadian website. I am going to call a dealer in Toronto tomorrow to see if they have any available to ship. I let you know. Here is the link. Take care.
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/cgi-bin/yf_viewaccess_high.pl?prodcatid=102&lan=

BTW, I purchased a micron pipe just like yours after seeing your pics. I installed it two weeks ago but didn’t ride much because the weather up here has been doggy. Today the temp was around 85 so I had a chance to ride for a couple of hours. I love the sound and I am impressed with the quality. I will get some digital pics soon and post them.

·
Registered
566 Posts
*******Photo Infomation: 2002 R1 with the following modifications: Akrapovic Pipe, Ohlins Suspension, Scotts Steering Damper, Fender Eliminator, Solo Seat Cowl

General Information about Chris R's 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1: 2002 Champions Limited Edition R1 ******

There is no such animal like a 2002 Champions limited edition r1. I must admit though...some nice photoshop work...almost looks real. too bad it is sitting at some bike show

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SpidermanSS,
I called a dealer in Toronto this afternoon. He told me about two weeks and he should have some. He also stated that my dealer in Chicago should have them before him, seeing that they are shipped out of the Atlanta warehouse. When you find one let me know, as I will do the same. Take care.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i called my local dealer today and gave him the part # he said it wasn't showing up and that if it was from a canadian web site that the part # wouldn't cross. i think he's just full of [censored]. has any one had this same problem?

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Hmmm.... lets see if I got this right... you bought it because of Spidy's pics? Well... Spidy bought his because of MINE! So that said... so did you! hahahaha LOL /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
kevap..... yes your pic swayed me to the scorched side. lol... I have to watch my pots when your arund. Now everytine I mipell a word I blame it on you chaging my pot... /images/icons/laugh.gif

{whatever do you mean? - kevap}

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Hmmm.... lets see if I got this right... you bought it because of Spidy's pics? Well... Spidy bought his because of MINE! So that said... so did you! hahahaha LOL

<hr></blockquote>

What can I say Kevap.....Your the foundation of cutting edge style and coolness; influencing all to making great decisions. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
176 Posts
winko where did you find that picture at? help me find a blue one, my dealer is no help to me on this subject.
find two of them i think spider wants one as well.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Re: 02 R1 Seat Cow

dammit kevap strikes again....! the post changer.... I need to tell kman to give me the power... better be nice to me or I will photoshop your bike Pink to let your true feelings show! I must have that seat cowl mladin fan.....!

{sorry everyone I have had way too much mad dog 2020 and gin and juice tonight!!! - kevap}

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah i want the cowl also spider. but i really want my pipe. i got the scotts dampner and the 3R power comander yesturday. cant wait till i get the pipe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts