Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Stock-Piped R1's sound like my Grandma's sewing machine! IT SUCKS!! It is indeed the weakest sounding of the "Big4's" litre-bikes. (in stock trim)
Pipe it and she sounds BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
it does start sounding better but get this, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but there is a small hole on the bottom of the pipe and some fiberglass filler has been hanging out the hole several times on mine. At first I thought it was some grass or something... /images/icons/laugh.gif At bike week my cousin's r6 with a Micron exhaust sounded a hundred times better than my R1 with a stock can.. That's why my new Micron system will be here Monday or Tuesday.. There is just no comparison.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Folks.. I'm looking to replace my pipe. The Dyno guys at my local Yamaha dealer are trying to sell me a leo vince, but I'm pointed more to a Akro. Those dyno guys say the leo sounds better, gives 1 HP less increase than the Akro, and will save me 250 bucks. What do you think of Leo?..

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'd get dynos for both systems and find out exactly where the power is being lost or gained. Peak HP comparisons don't say much in my book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts