Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my baby on a dyno today, but have no idea where the main coil wire is, so I had to just watch my tach (pain in the ass) does anyone know which wire coming from the ecm is the coil power? I need a service manual. If anyone was interested, the dyno had my bone stock bike with 131.6 Hp. The run was done in 5th gear and reached 149.3 MPH. Not bad for a stock machine!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
what were the conditions? ambient air temp,altitude,and barometric pressure. these things can effect the output of any engine.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
That's definitely low, but it's most definitely a new bike and a pessimistic dyno I'm sure. What do other bikes pull on the same dyno?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was done on the Dyno at the Harley Shop were I work during a ralley shoot out. (needless to say, the numbers I got pissed off all the hog guys in the comp., haha) I didn't know where the coil wire was, so the machine wasn't hooked up all the way. I also had a wheel base problem, the dyno wouldn't get short enough and I needed to put a 2x4 in the wheel chock in front of the front tire, this would not let me line up the rear tire correctly. the guy running my bike in the room was sitting on it...and weighted like 300+ lbs too. It was normal Florida weather, HOT and HUMID, and my bike was only warmed up to about 130 deg before he made the run. The dyno mech told me that he figured that with all the strange things we had to rig, I should easily have another 5 or 6 HP easy. The Harley guys were gitting pissed so we only did one run, but he said we can load it back up on the machine whenever I want...I think I'm going to wait until my pipe gets here...

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
If you are really concerned find another dyno and do another run with a sportbike dyno. Not that they are different but having to rig it up I would be skeptical.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Steve, take it to cycle race tech, or superbike mike! Dont put it on the eddy current dyno at riva, or you will be pissed lower numders. Dyno jet dynos are the industry standard at this time. Cycle race tech will be the most accruate here in south florida! His dyno run will cost you $40.00, and superbike mike is $60.00 for an hour!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard about superbike mike, I think one of my buddies had him do some work on his super hawk. thanks...I guess right now I really don't care what the dyno says, I just did it yesterday to piss off those spend 10 thousand on the motor and get 125 rwhp harley guys...anybike that can roll on a wheel stand at 75 mph in 2nd gear is plenty powerful for me..I do need my pipe thou, the bike is way to quiet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts