Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got rid of my fender and integrated the turn signals into the brake lights. It took a few tries to get the wiring right but eventually I got it figured out /images/icons/smile.gif

Here are the results: before and after. Let me know what you think!

Before:

·
Registered
976 Posts
looks pretty good. a hell of a lot better than stock. my only critique would be about the plastic between the license plate and the tail lights. looks a little unfinished to me. maybe its the ambient lighting. /images/icons/wink.gif

looks like you had to cut a lot. will this affect the way you install a kit? it also looks like with a kit you might dig into the storage space. (yeah i know a dumb concern, but i kinda like it)

i havent had time to look at that yet. though i did find the time to remove the ninja stickers and all the official stickers. i am debating on taking off the zx-9r stickers too. i would have taken all the detailing off to show off the cool gold color, but the detailing on the tank is under the clearcoat /images/icons/frown.gif

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is actually a pile of dirt between the plate and light that's why it looks like crap. It is just plain black plastic and there were no cuts made in that area soooo... heheh.. /images/icons/smile.gif... The integrator went right behind the taillight and doesn't take up any of the trunk space.

The only thing I wish is that the trunk was flush with the tail so it didn't hang down. I think it would look even better if it was flush with the bottom of the tail which is what a kit would do I would imagine. You would likely loose a lot of storage space with a kit.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe... yes, every chance I get /images/icons/smile.gif That's what spring will do to you up here /images/icons/frown.gif

Here's a small video of the turn signals working. Excuse the terrible quality, I'm obviously not a cameraman /images/icons/smile.gif

See attached....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That looks great. ELECTRO what are you doing to that bike????????????????? You are torturing that thing. Peeling its skin off. Put some pictures of it up without the decals.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
heheh. nah man, i guess i didn't word it well. i peeled off only the ninja stickers and the official governmental stickers. i left the detailing (white/black stuff) only because they are covered with clearcoat on the gas tank. it would look real dumb to take them off the fairings and have them on the tank. and i am considering removing the zx-9r stickers.
/images/icons/wink.gif

ill throw up some picks when i get a chance.

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've washed it three or four times over the past two days!!! Five minutes after driving around it gets dirty again /images/icons/frown.gif/images/icons/frown.gif

Can't do much about it until they get the roads cleaned up. I'm going to take some pics of the crap I've got to drive in so you know what I'm dealing with here.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Looks good Viper.
I did mine this weekend.
Got the pics ready finally.
Gonna post them in my thread.
I didn't go for the integrator yet though.
Not sure I want to.

Gotta hate Canadian roads in spring.
I have to clean my bike after every ride.

·
Registered
84 Posts
that looks hot, viper. I just hacked mine off this weekend, but i'm going for a set of short stalks instead of the integrator

"Yes officer, I DO think this is my personal race track!"

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, how many of us hacked our fender off this weekend??? Seems like everyone's bike went under the knife /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts