Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is the story with the gear shifts on Yammys R1, I have ridden mainly GSX-Rs and they seam to have a smoother gear shift,,, whats the story behind this,,, it scares me everytime I shift from Neutral to 1st at the lights,,,it sounds like an Earthquake,,, or is this just because there is a sh*t load of power,,, waiting to be released?????

'When you see the flashing lights, get on the R1 flight'

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle speed is about 1500rpm, matey, tell me is this bike a fukn beast or what??????????
i need to get a decent pipe on it,,, know of anyone in the states selling one cheap???? you can quote me in US dollars i can convert

'When you see the flashing lights, get on the R1 flight'

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I hear that this is common on our bikes. no worries.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yamaha's do this alot. Its how they are built. I did some research befor i bought my R6 and yamaha said that the riders that raced thier bikes like the sound so they would know if it was in the next gear.their are know problems with your bike just how it was made diffrent from Suzuki

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 01 R1 does it too. Idle speed is about 1300rpm. It's my first Yamaha. I just figured it had something to do with the way the clutch is stacked. Yamaha's is pretty unique compared to the others.

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
793 Posts
Every bike I've had did something like that. Just rock it slightly a bit forward or backward while putting it into gear and it will line up and go in quietly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts