Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'00 9R fender eliminator?

Hey everybody, I know this has probably been posted dozens of times before, but can anyone recommend someplace to track down a fender eliminator kit? The dealer has one I guess, but I'm looking at a few different options and prices. Thanks...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Re: \'00 9R fender eliminator?

Have you had a problem with the plates staying on or the the grab rails since you've installed it? I was talking to someone that had those problems with a fender eliminator (not sure what brand).

·
Registered
729 Posts

No not at all, as a matter of fact, I still use the trunk space in there for my stuff... I put in the trailer relay to make the rear lights my singnals, and nice and neatly wire tied all the wires..I layed down a cloth on the plastic unfinished side of the undertail and then put a (TupperWare) container in there to put my tool kit and stuff in..Works great, even when getting on the bike hard or doing a stand up no problems.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Just curious, is it street legal to have your turn signals integrated into the brake lights? Forgive me for these nieve questions, I havn't messed around with a fender kit before ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Oh, also, would it be possible to get a side shot of the bike? It looks pretty trick from behind, I'd just like to see a different view if it all possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

http://hotbodiesracing.com claim that their undertails are modeled after and are the same as eurotails. i dont' know for fact because i've never seen a eurotail in person. but i do have a hotbodies on my 6R and i do know that they are much cheaper then eurotail and the integrator kit is included.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I was wondering about your rear blinkers...are those just flush mount style blinkers that you added yourself after the kit was put on? I'm really interested in the kit, but have some concerns over the blinkers. I'm not entirely sure if I want to integrate them into the brake light.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

those are the LP mini flushmounts. i too did not want to use the integrator kit because i felt that the tail lights were not visible enough. these were easy to install, i just drilled the holes and wired them right to the blinkers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

OK, two more quick questions, and I'll quit buggin' ya. Can you still make use of the trunk space, and is it about the same as stock? And, do you have stock front turn signals, or are those flush also? I've thought about changing the fronts, but really havn't looked into it too closely yet. Thanks again, the bike looks sharp!

·
Registered
729 Posts

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Can you still make use of the trunk space

<hr></blockquote>

I still use the trunk space in there for my stuff... I put in the trailer relay to make the rear lights my singnals, and nice and neatly wire tied all the wires..I layed down a cloth on the plastic unfinished side of the undertail and then put a (TupperWare) container in there to put my tool kit and stuff in..Works great, even when getting on the bike hard or doing a stand up no problems

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

750RideRR, no problem at all. i love a chance to take pictures of my ride and talk about it.

anyway, very little if any trunk space was lost. it just looks a little different without the stock plastic trunk, but over all i fit everything i carried in the past; wallet, cell phone, keys, and credentials for the bike. oh yeah a rag too. and so far nothing has fallen out.

as for the front signals, i use the LP flushmount IV's (i think theyre the IV's.) they're a little on the big side but i wanted something that was going to be visible to cage traffic. here's a pic. good luck and feel free to PM if you have any questions......................rich

·
Registered
729 Posts

That is pretty sweet... I dig the turn signals.

What model Dunlops are those dude? It's time for new rubber for me if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

I love the way undertails look. I need to get one. Eurobikes is a good place and texasfairing is good too.

First rule of driving: What is behind me is not important!!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

I've heard good things about Texas Fairing products, and really, really, really, really horrible things about their customer service...

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
188 Posts

How was the service and fit of the Dassault. Im torn between that and the Eurotail. I have a buddy that has a eurotail and it was easy to install and looks like a factory part. Just wondering of the same was true for the Dassault. Is it fiberglass or plastic like the bodywork? Any comments from anyone would be appreciated. I would like to get an undertail but am afraid of getting the wrong one and totally screwing up the bike or hating the one I buy.

·
Registered
527 Posts

Adrenalin: I like that undertail. Is there a bracket for the plate behind the signals? Where is it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts