Sportbike Racing Forum banner

eSportbike 7+ years ago

11K views 129 replies 43 participants last post by  Norris Dinwiddie 
#1 ·
Anybody still around from 2000ish? I haven't logged into this site since 2002 and I probably haven't touched my bike since about that time either.

It's funny to see my avatar and bleached hair which was the trend 7 years ago. I'm now a multi-national corporation business professional. Talk about what happens over time.

Anybody remember the flash animations I made back in 1999? I just uploaded them to a site again if anybody wants to take a look and remember way back then!

The Squid

How to wheelie

Drop me a line if you remember me, let me know what's new and what's happened in the last 7+ years. I'll drop back by to see any messages when I get the chance.

I got on here because I was showing my girlfriends daughter bike video's on youtube and saw some terms we started back in the day on here. I was hoping to find bike stories I posted back then but it looks like anything over 6 years old was purged. I remember logging every bike story I had on here, to bad I can't read them now.

Rhathid
What is now a really old bike. 1992 GSXR-750

See less See more
#4 ·
Amazing. :smile:

I will pull it out, maybe in the spring. But I'll probably be putting it up for sale. I might take it for a ride or two, but my new toys are boats. That's about the time I stopped riding as well. I just bought a 28 foot cabin cruiser over the Summer. I'm looking for more family oriented stuff.

Not to mention if I was in a bad bike accident I could risk my future and career.

My youngest brother got into bikes. He has an R1 right now I believe. Brand new but hasn't done any mechanical mods, just superficial mods.

How's everybody been?

#5 ·
Rhathid~ I wish I could say that I've left and returned but sadly I can't seem to break "the habit". :frown: Try as I might I'm always here. Maybe an intervention is necessary? That or I swear if I reach 30,000 posts I HAVE to retire. :laugh:

BTW, there's nothing wrong with R1's: :waytogo:

#6 ·
Okay, you guys are causing me to want to ride again. This kid down the street has a Busa, but there's no way he'd know I know anything about bikes.

The issue is, I have way to many hobbies so I have to give something up if I want to do something else. I'm to A.D.D. to stick with one thing. :smile: I don't even have enough time for the hobbies I'm currently into.

For instance, this is my next hobby...

Notice the display.

And to be honest, unless you put a bird into a dive or do something very crazy, there's no adrenaline factor.

#7 ·
Mirage, is that your R1 or just a decked out promo model, because that thing looks bad.

I noticed Gixxie is still around and has a fan base. I remember when she was just getting into bikes.

#8 ·
Another member who has been around here way too long :blush: The flying is interesting, that is something I have had an interest in but the time/money has never worked out. :frown: Good luck on whatever you do, I know riding is what I will be doing until I physically cant anymore...

#9 ·
I seem to recall the handle.

Glad you're having a good time Rathid, & that life is treating you well.

#11 ·
Rhathid~ Yes, that's my "One". It's been a blast to own/ride and even though it's going on 4 years old everything about it still makes me smile. I think you should get back into riding. Hell, if for nothing else it's got to be cheaper than flying, no? Here's another pic to sway your opinion: :wink:

#12 ·
I'm here but 'blksprintst' back in the day. It good to see you posting up. Nice hobbies ya got there! I'm partial to boats myself and completely understand the "family oriented thing". I bought a 20ft Stingray 2 years ago and we love it.

Welcome back! :applause:

#13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Rhathid said:
Mirage, is that your R1...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Mirage took a bunch of pics of this sweetass R1 somewhere & pops 1 up from time to time 'claiming' it to be his. But living off the coast of Antartica, he really wouldn't get much use out of a reall motorcycle. His real hobby is surfing with the penguins! :grin:

#18 ·
:lol:

I was here in '02, too.. A hundred years later. But even then I got faint glances on the 'rillaz activities. Yet I don't even know anymore who was one.

#21 ·
Ok I've been on this site since around 2000 & I'm drawing a blank on 'Rillaz'.... wut it this in reference of? @ first I thought they were talkn bout the list Ninjaslayer put together of people he was out to kill... now I'm thinking that assumption was wrong.

#22 ·
<font color="purple">Gorilla</font> was a designation (like eNewbie, ePro, etc.) given originally to the larger members here. Their usernames appeared in purple. It all started with Boogeyman and ZXCOPH, both ZX-12R riders who shopped in the "Big & Tall" stores. Was basically a joke - noobs would ask about the purple tag and how to get one, etc. Sort of became a clique, if you will, but never seriously.

Eventually, someone posted an application questionaire, and soon all sorts of riders had purple tags.

"This completes our look at primate culture. Please join us next time as we celebrate Purple History Month, here on the Useless Factoid Channel."

#23 ·
[ QUOTE ]
hell_devil said:
only a hand full of 'rilla's still remain on the site. We are all but extinct.

VTL indeed i remember so many names from the old days that i dont see anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Katatak pops her head in some times... Usually when she realizes that I'm in here and she wants to see if I'm posting pics of her in her undies... hahaha...

#24 ·
[ QUOTE ]
VTL1180NY said:

Even Katatak pops her head in some times... Usually when she realizes that I'm in here and she wants to see if I'm posting pics of her in her undies... hahaha...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's time for that again, this being a nostalgia thread. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.