Good European Rental Rates and/or Experiences - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
eNewbie

Good European Rental Rates and/or Experiences

I'm trying to organize a ride for 2-4 riders in August somewhere in Europe.

There are a lot of returns when searching the web for "European motorcycle rental," but I wanted to check and and see if anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with different outfits. I also wanted to see what the average daily rate for a decent touring bike would be.

The riders all have 5-10 years of experience on bikes, and are relatively flexible regarding location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
eWorld Champ

It depends on the country you want to rent the bike in.

In spain you would go to a dedicated motorcycle rental - often a motorcycle gear store or a dealer with a rental business attached. The prices are rather low (60-80€ / day) but you have to be pretty clear about what you want - especially concerning the distance covered. Some of them expect you to ride to the beach and back and not more, just make sure you won't get any bad surprises. Bikes might be in a quite OK condition, so check everything before. Quite OK doesn't mean bad or even dangerous, just don't expect brand new bikes maintained to 100%.
You can get pretty decent bikes though.

In germany I have rented a few bikes. You usually rent them at dealerships. They all have about the same fares, for a touring bike that would be around 120€ / day (150km included) or 490€ / week (1500km included). You can negotiate the distance covered. Bikes are usually brand new (I think there is a law that no rental vehicle may be older than 6 months, though that might apply only to cars) and in perfect condition.
Check this page to get a better overview. Almost all dealerships participate in that program.

Insurance is a factor, in germany most rentals offer insurances where the first 1500€ are not covered. Make sure you get maybe an insurance in advance to fill the gap. The dealerships might not be able to help you there.

LUKE 22:36
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.

Last edited by specialsymbol; 06-24-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page