HELP! Sync Carbs for 99 CBR F4 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
eNewbie

HELP! Sync Carbs for 99 CBR F4

My neighbor and I tried to sync the carbs on my 99 F4 last night. We had to end up removing the airbox and fuel tank just to get to the adjustment screws. What a pain in the A$$!!

Anyway, the service manual from honda is of no help as it just mentions that the #4 carb is the base and that the pressure for each should be 30mm of mercury or 1.2 Hg (I can't remember off hand, but I believe those numbers are correct.)

We proceeded to sync 1 to 2, then 3 to 4, then using the middle screw adjust the 1-2 bank to the 3-4 bank. We couldn't get the #2 carb to come up, and finally figured out that one of the fittings for his pressure gauge was leaking aparently leaking. After this we tried to sync 1 to 4, 2 to 4, and 3 to 4 by only hooking up the good pressure guage fitting one by one to the 1,2, and 3 carbs. Now the whole thing is F'd. First, it sounds off. Second, when you blip the throttle, it takes a longer now to settle back down to idle.

We are going to try to buy another pressure guage. Until then, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated since we don't have any real instructions on how you are supposed to do this for a '99 CBR600.

-Miller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 07:07 AM
eNewbie

Did you get any replies to your post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page