all these years and i've been wearing the wrong size helmet - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
eChamp

Send a message via AIM to jabuan
all these years and i've been wearing the wrong size helmet

so i recently purchased a new helmet and never realized that i've been wearing the wrong size helmet all these years until my boy at my shop actually measured my head.

i've been wearing large all these years, but moved down to medium because that is my proper size.

the point my boy made was that when people try on helmets , they figure it's too small if it's a little tight when they introduce their head to the cheek pads and end up getting the wrong size cuz of ease of putting it on.

anyway...i like my edwards corsair v. it's considerably louder than my previous arai quantum but far superior ventilation. plus i ride with earplugs anyway.

here's a couple pics. sorry for the bad quality

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
ePro

Yeah, I consider a helmet like a pair of shoes; they have to be broken in, and you don't wear second-hand. The helmet should fit fairly snug, but will break in to your melon. For this reason, I believe you should also not share a helmet. It's already broken in for someone else.

Ya mon! More fiah.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Nice lookin' lid...and a good post to make regarding fit. The nice thing about the Corsair helmets, among other Arai models, is you can tailor fit the helmet by replacing the top liner and cheek pads with thicker or thinner sizes. My first helmet had both items bumped thicker to improve the fit which was noticeable. A properly fitted helmet can also reduce wind noise quite a bit though both my RR4 and Profile helmets are noisy even with earplugs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
eChamp

Send a message via AIM to jabuan
yea, i like the fact that you can tailor the fit on arais.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
E-Tard

Snug as can be without giving you a headache. My old Arai saved my melon in corner 4 at BIR. Man do I miss that helmet. It fit better than anything I've ever owned.

Nice looking lid Jabby

xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page