melancholic - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 10:35 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Hey South, you crashed yellow and went red, I crashed red and went yellow.

I hit the sink stage with the Kawasaki but I'm hoping to find that conviction and get her back on the street again. Really a fun bike to ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:47 PM
E-Tard

Quote:
I think the answer to your situation is that you need more projects
Oh, I've got a ton of projects. It's finding the motivation to do said projects that's the problem.

A few weeks ago I was diving in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Notably, I dove the Lembeh Straights. Excellent weather, wonderful people, gorgeous topography, and killer muck diving. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Also spent some time in Singapore. I have never, ever seen such a clean city in my entire life. I guess there are significant punishments dolled out if you litter, and I *think* the same can be said for breaking the law. Singapore is all about entertainment. The airport is out of this world! It's not just a place to catch a flight or transfer, it's like a destination in itself. They had things like (all free): calf massages, movie theater, botanical and butterfly gardens... Tons and tons of shopping, reasonably priced on-site hotel rooms, and the food there didn't cost an arm and a leg like every other airport I've been to (a fiver will get you a full meal).

Took 30 hours to get there, and 58.5 hours to get home.

xx
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 04:12 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

All dive related trips?

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:16 AM
eWorld Champ

I think the punishment for littering (and all other civil infractions) in Singapore is caning: a practice I find less and less objectionable as I move ever further into the "hey you kids, get off my lawn!" phase of my life --and now I can even supply the cane.

I don't see diving anytime soon, but once the water temps move closer to the "bathtub" range, I really should make time to get out to the beach for some water rehab (I don't do pools).

Duc--I'm going to have to alter/dress up the stock red bodywork on the VFR a tad; my brother eschewed the yellow '00 models and bought a (red) '01 to avoid a case of a "his-and-his"/nonfamilial "bros" type situation with my (custom yellow painted) '01, so now that we're in that boat with my red '98, I'm going to have to add some custom graphics or something.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 10:34 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Ah...makes good sense. I have the ketchup mustard thing at the house, two ketchup's and similar/the same bikes at that...time to hit up Tape Workz for some kits.

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 06:18 PM
E-Tard

Yep John, all dive trips. Why else would you go on holiday?

On the way home we flew from Manado Indonesia to Singapore, where we had a 16 hour layover. We arrived late, so we didn't get to putz around as much as we would have liked. From there, we flew to Tokyo (no layover), then to Los Angeles, and finally home. Took like 58.5 hours door to door.

Whatever the punishments in Singapore are, they work, and I wouldn't object to adopting some of them Stateside.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-2005.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	15530  

xx
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 05:31 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

I know you have more than that...do we need to create...ANOTHER THREAD!?

I find myself on vacation once a year, we never travel too far from home, but work sends me out enough where I try to find something fun to do. Was in Maui a few weeks ago and got a nice hike in along with a good trip up to the top of the Volcano (10,023').

Hans threw this party, where'd he go?

Hans >>>

Last edited by DUC748; 04-07-2016 at 05:35 AM.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 AM
E-Tard

Whoah there, John. Just hang on a doggone minute! Now, don't go all talking crazy like that. I know you are excited that there has been more than zero replies to threads lately, but that's no reason to go jumping straight into the deep end.

Baby steps before we start another thread, John. Baby steps...

Man, you haven't aged a bit. Aside from rocking a beard, you look exactly as you did when I first started lurking around here.

Really nice photos, especially the panoramics. Were you sent there "for work" (emphasizing the air quotes)?

Here's a photo I took whilst in Singapore. Almost looks CGI doesn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-3520.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	15538  

xx
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:16 AM
eChamp

Lots of good memories from way back when.... I try not to think about all the posts that started with "Can X bike do a wheelie" haha
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM
eWorld Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC748 View Post
Hans threw this party, where'd he go?

Hans >>>
I figure one of two likely possibilities: either he doesn't even remember logging on and starting this thread, or he just became that much more depressed when he saw who responded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page