SPORTBIKE WOMENS ROLL CALL - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 06:10 PM

Re: SPORTBIKE WOMENS ROLL CALL

Hi I'm an elderly gentleman that likes long walks on the beach and moonlit nights with that special someone....

Hey Britt... I just had to.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 07:20 AM
eNovice

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a bike YET...most likely by Aril/May of 2003. I plan to take the...MSF course...(if $$ permits).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I'm Emily, been in the AF 6 months now (yes, Princesses can make it through basic! ) and am currently stationed in Montgomery, AL. Unfortunately, there's not just a shortage of esporters here, but a shortage of bikers, period, women or otherwise. But, since I just bought a 3000GT (sorry, cages are necessary in order to move 1500 miles) my bike dream may have to wait a little longer than I wanted. :
My supervisor is actually an SMF instructor here! But I plan on getting a red Ninja 500 for my first ride! :

Be safe girls, and don't fall for just any Joe simply because he drools over your bike!

post #13 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

jet jet jet......You are gonna make me lock this thread!!!!! :
post #14 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 03:38 PM

I'm Jen and I live in Denver. My fiance started riding last spring and got me hooked. I took my MSF in late September of last year. I bought a '96 Ninja EX500 the day after I passed the class

Like Jessica, I haven't done a track day yet, but thanks to her vast knowledge of the good roads out here, I'm starting to enjoy twisties.

I still have a LONG way to go as far as learning, but it's so much fun to practice. Who would have thought riding could make you feel so good? I'm just recently getting to the point where I'm not always nervous in turns and quick stops!

I'm really looking forward to the spring so I can get back out on the ninja. But at least here in CO, we get some warm days thrown in a few times during winter so I don't have to wait *too* long between rides.
post #15 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 09:03 AM

Hi! Lori, from MD. Started riding 3 1/3 years ago on a Kawasaki KZ305CSR, then got a Yamaha Virago 750 ( I'm 4'11" so didn't feel comfortable starting on a bike I couldn't touch on- can't even flat foot a 250 Ninja). Then got a Honda VF500F, and now I also have a VFR800. I do long distance endurance rides, 12,24 and 36 hour events like the Mason Dixon 20-20 , Buckeye 1000, Feast in the East. I've placed on top of the sport category every year of the Buckeye 1000, the first year on my VF500F. Last year during the Mason Dixon 20-20 I traveled 2202 miles in 36 hours on the VFR- during which I did an Iron Butt Association BUN BURNER GOLD (1500 miles in 24 hours).
Last year did 4 track days and 2 race school days: 1 track day on the Aprilia Mille and Falco, 2 track days at VIR south on the VFR, and one track day at Summit Point WV. Race school at Shannonville raceway in Canada with MotoCanada on a Honda RS125. See my motorcycle pics at : My lame webpage (won't let me link just to individual pics)
Link to MotoCanada 125 GP race school

I'm also a corner marshall for MARRC (Mid- Atlantic Roadracing Club) which provides race emergency workers for all WERA, CCS and F-USA events at Summit Point WV MARRC website
post #16 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 04:33 PM
eChamp

Send a message via Yahoo to NuckingFutz

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I'm an addict....

I've been riding for about 4 years now. Started on a Yamaha SecaII then 8 mos. later bought my current baby, a '00 CBR 600F4. Haven't done any track days yet, but hopefully the time and $$ will come together for me this year.

post #17 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 08:50 AM

Hi, I am Michelle and I ride Palomar and all the other great roads San Diego has to offer. My first true sportbike is what I currently ride its a gsxr 600, have had three other street type bikes and of course a quad when I was little and a kx in my teens...

I like walks in the .... wait, wrong... I like twisty roads, sweepers and canyons and roads with no popos
post #18 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 12:34 PM

oops forgot to tell about myself : My name is Charlotte and Im currently looking for a bike to fit me, i dont know too much so im very open to anyone's opinions [img]/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #19 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 04:51 AM

Tina USAF Tucson, AZ.
I got hooked on riding in Mar 02. Took the MSF coures bought a Rebel and learned the basics of riding. After a year bought my fist R6 (used '00, red) rode that one for about 8 months then bought a new red '02 R6. Rode it 21 days before I got in a fight with a buick (driven by a 70 year old man) and lost. My baby was totaled and now I have to wait till July before I can get a new one. : I walked away so all is good.
post #20 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 05:03 AM

Waving @Tina

Don't know you, but also in Tucson,AZ.
Got interested in riding when my boyfriend took me out on his TLR back in Feb 02. Bought a SV650S in Sep. Took the MSF course in Oct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page