Its Not Fair - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
ePro

Angry Its Not Fair

So Me my hubby and 3 other couples are riding/driving down to Laguna Seca from Seattle. I'm the only girl that rides and I've been riding longer than any of the guys silly boys bikes for 4 chicks! We are doing it in to days so its not that long of a ride 450 mile a day or so.
So the plan was me and the guys are riding our bikes, and the girls are in the suburban, with the trailer.
BUT MY HUSBAND Fing NOCKED ME UP . . . AND HOW EVERY ONE IS SAYING I CANT RIDE. I AM SO Fing PISSED, whats the point of me going if I cat ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If IF I go I'm wearing this tank top I just made
[img]http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rrent=what.jpg[/img]

Or maybe this one, cus he/she does!
[img]http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rrent=what.jpg[/img]

"First Bike, Big Bike = Big Ego, Little Penis."
Evil Temptress

Last edited by BikerGirl; 06-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 02:11 AM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

Can't see the pics and not sure how to respond to the being knocked up part.

I'm sure Fuzz will be along at some point to mention that she rode pregnant until it wasn't comfortable on the bike...I think that's how it went. If you are that passionate about going then make it known. If they force the issue and try to stick you with the girls in the SUV then cancel your attendence in protest.

And then go ride the hills while they are gone.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 03:42 AM
eFuzzy

Well, congrats to you!

Riding pregnant is a very personal decision. There is no right or wrong way to approach this decision, IMO. It was my understanding that our bodies are a lot more protected and insulated than you might imagine especially if you've just found out and are in your first month or so. You're carrying around something that is the size of a bloodclot.

What do you want to do? I mean really want. Do you feel like its a safe thing to do? Have a talk with your doctor and your husband. Make an informed choice.

I still rode in to my 4th month when I could no longer comfortably button my riding pants. I also took a trip down the stairs on my back, went traveling, flew, went on a cruise, ran with the dog, slipped and fell on ice in the driveway later along. I just lived my life like I would've without a baby on board. Women all over the world work hard manual labor with babies in their bellies, have car accidents, drive trucks. I'm all for minimizing risk, but my doctor told me that if you're healthy and everything is progressing along fine, the rest was up to a higher power. So I went with that.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
ePro

Angry

Thanks Fuzzy
I'm some where from 3-8weeks haven't been to the Dr. yet.

lets see if this works
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u..._hell/what.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/3c2ca34c.jpg

Here is my friends email reply (she will be in the SUV pregno @ 16weeks) She just assumed I wasn't riding "because I can't" (in here pregno opinion)when she found out about the new rider (baby) I told her I was still planning on riding. I'm some where from 3-8weeks haven't been to the Dr. yet.

"First I love you...second I have to tell you Chels that this is pretty upsetting for me I know it's your and Carlos' decision and I'll do my best to keep my nose out of it after this.

But first you have to hear my two cents If you think about it, it is an unnecessary risk that could mean life or death...Yeah you can get in a car accident but when you are in a car you are protected. The problem is that even a minor crash on a bike (where a car would be completely fine) could cause a miscarriage or make you end up on bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy. Not only do you have the regular issues to deal with, possible oil patches, stupid other drivers/riders, possible gravel issues, we are going to be on roads that are completely new to you. Is it REALLY worth the risk?

I'll tell you what, if you don't ride this year you and Carlos can go ANY other year and I will watch that healthy happy little baby the whole time...Even your dogs!!!! What a deal!

JUST DON'T DOOOOOO IT PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

This is all I'll say about it unless you decide to bring it up.

I just love you and Carlos and even that little rice grain and would absolutly hate to see anything bad happen

XOXXO!"

Me and the hubby got into it big time last night "I'm being selfish, its not just about me any more!" If I can't ride then Y the H E LL can he! (Hes going to be a daddy, his baby will need him.) If I wasn't a good rider, if I was to big I wouldn't do it! Its not about being selfish its about people telling me what I can and can't do. If riding was bad for the baby I wouln't do it, crashing is the only thing thats COULD be bad about it. So from where I'm sitting I'm not a "good enough" rider, I mite crash and kill my baby. F that I'm on my 9th year of riding and by the way IM GOOD @ IT even better than the boys

Evil Temptress

Last edited by BikerGirl; 06-19-2009 at 09:48 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
ePro

"If you think about it, it is an unnecessary risk"
Every thing is an unnecessary risk, I could just lay in bed for 10 months

I've been a full time(50 hr plus a week) nanny for the last 8 plus years with diff families and I've had 4 new born (day olds) I love kids they are my life. And I don't think Me riding is going to hart the most important new born of my life. I'm not going to be one of those siko moms that has a lock on every thing and padding and a helmet on there kid so it can be "safe" in the house!

Evil Temptress

Last edited by BikerGirl; 06-19-2009 at 10:08 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 04:54 PM
NANLCRXWYAXWN

What about what happens to you when you crash? The first thing you do is protect yourself, the baby is naturally protected so long as that can be maintained. I see there points but it could be directed at most any activity once you step out of bed. Falling down the steps, slipping in the tub, etc. Do you hobo bath it in your bedroom in a one story residence?

They need to let you make the decision. While you have something else to consider it is still your life, your body, your decision.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 PM
aprilia junkie

sweet jesus, it's not like you're full term.

You'd be maybe 2-3 months by the time july weekend rolls around?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 01:22 AM
eWorld Champ

Ride. Of course the risk can be higher riding a motorcycle, but it doesn't have to. If you go easy you'll be fine.

You know, I truly believe that your baby will feel the same way you do. If you're unhappy staying at home your baby will be too. If you're happy to ride, your baby will feel happy too. You want your baby to be happy, don't you?

Or do you want a grumpy kid that got used to that feeling?

LUKE 22:36
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
ePro

Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post
sweet jesus, it's not like you're full term.

You'd be maybe 2-3 months by the time july weekend rolls around?
lol

Evil Temptress
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 AM
eNewbie

wow. i admit it, i am curious. how old are you, if you dont mind me asking? and your husband? and how many years have you been married? and your friend, she is pregnant right? how old is she? is she married? i want to add , nice ducati, i like the color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page