New Girl With a Love of Bikes :] - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

New Girl With a Love of Bikes :]

Well, Hey! I decided that I should introduce myself, and well, since there was no introductory forum (tell me if I am wrong) I decided to do it here. Hope no one minds. I just feel its best to introduce myself. But be warned. This may get long...

First off, my name is Sarah. I have loved bikes since I was 5, but only about 3 years ago I realized that bikes, cars, or pretty much anything with an engine were of the top things that made me really happy! I am 13 now (old enough to be on this forum hopefully :/) and I really can not wait till I at least get my learns permit when I turn 15, because then I would at least be able to take an MSF course! My parents are against bikes, so I am hoping they will let me just take an MSF course. I have a small green scooter that goes like, 15 mph. And even with that I can feel the road right through the handlebars. Its like I can feel the texture of the road! All the bumps and cracks. And for me it feels amazing! But unfortunately, that small scooter is the only way for me to stay as close to my dream as I can. Many have tried to help me convince my parents, but its a no win thing for me so far. I have been told I will just have to wait 'till I am 18 and then buy my own bike, but oh my...that seems so far away! So for now I can only watch videos of them on youtube and look at them out of the window of a car.

Enough of my rant though! Heres a happier subject:
I am into photography, drawing, piano, engineering, and making movies. I also love animation! I love taking things apart to figure out how they work! Speed just makes my heart jump with joy and I hope to someday be able to race a bike on a track!

So there you have it! Just a little about me :]

Last edited by Sarah-Beara; 12-04-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
eWorld Champ

One of the best introductory posts I've read so far. Welcome on board!

LUKE 22:36
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
eWorld Champ

+1 on the intro- hellothere
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
eWorldChamp

What he said. Welcome!
You know what those Jesuit monks say... get them (to train/teach them) while they´re young. It will come much easier for you to learn stuff, then for older people. I hope you can convince your parents, that you can handle it with a level head. You seem to have one

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:25 PM
eWorld Champ

ad to the above- you might actually learn more on the scooter than on a bike...Take the msf (in California, mandatory for scooters and motorcycles) then buy a Malaguti F16...hey, it's only a scooter, right? then increase your skills.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all the welcomes :]

Yeah. I hope I can convince them too! Even if its just a 50cc scooter. Something with two wheels!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:34 PM
eWorld Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-Beara View Post
Thank you for all the welcomes :]

Yeah. I hope I can convince them too! Even if its just a 50cc scooter. Something with two wheels!

I thought the '16 had a bigger engine than that.. I'll have to look. tell the rents the msf is required, I'm sure they can be convinced.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Hm. Well the little scooter I am riding right now is electric. Its a kiddy scooter. And they already know its not required. They say it will be a waste of time and money since I will never be allowed to have a bike.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Well, my little scooter is electric. And They know it is not required here in Texas. They said that taking it would be a waste of time and money since I would never be getting a bike.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM
eWorldChamp

Yep... Information will make it easier to convince them. Do they ride? If they have no prior experience with riding, all they hear is the whole "bikes are dangerous" scare. Sure there is a risk - but one can deal with it. Read about it. Ask questions. Collect experience. And you´ll be fine and riding in no time...

heh... I had such a 15mph scooter as well... when I was 15... damn how I miss goofing around on that thing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page