New Girl With a Love of Bikes :] - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Yep... Information will make it easier to convince them. Do they ride? If they have no prior experience with riding, all they hear is the whole "bikes are dangerous" scare. Sure there is a risk - but one can deal with it. Read about it. Ask questions. Collect experience. And youīll be fine and riding in no time...

heh... I had such a 15mph scooter as well... when I was 15... damn how I miss goofing around on that thing

Yeah...they dont ride....I told them it was dangerous and gave them sheets with information on bikes, but they threw them away without reading them.

And yeahh! Fun stuff! We hold onto a rope tied onto it while sitting (I am the only one that dares to stand) on a skateboard.... No major accidents so far, only running into a mailbox once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:44 AM
ePro

You must kill your parents. It is the only way to know for sure that they will not stand in the way of you and motorcycling. But in all seriousness, great first post. Never lose your enthusiasm, and don't let your parents hold you back from your dream. Mine wouldn't let me do anything until I moved out, and now I'll never be a professional anything but desk jockey. Good luck!

Ya mon! More fiah.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 06:05 AM
eTard

Send a message via AIM to Crudmop
Welcome!

MSF is a great idea, and it's certainly a good first-step in getting your parents on board with responsible riding. I had a Yamaha Razz when I was 15 - 50cc, got me where I needed to go. I had a girlfriend that lived a ways away at the time, it used to take me a little over an hour each way on that thing to get there on a busy 6 lane highway Scooters are good, I think, because people don't seem to "see" them as motorcycles or the like, and they will help you really learn the rules of riding and how cycles fit into the traffic world. The added benefit is that you might help warm your folks up to letting you have a full-on motorcycle after they are used to you making your rounds on a scooter for a few years.

If they seem hesitant to let you pick up a 50cc, the best selling points are: great gas mileage, cheap insurance, and easy maintenance.

Remember to wear gear on a scooter! I learned how to crash on mine, and 30mph is 30mph regardless of the size of the bike you are crashing on

giggity ...!.....giggity boo! ...christmas whoop whoop whoop... ! .....! ....

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 AM
e-pariah

Wow, Great Post!

You totally reminded me of me when I was your age...

Talk about reminiscing; that was over 30 years ago!

I started riding on the street with a 50cc moped and learned quite a lot that way and you will too.

I know it's hard to contain the kind of excitement you have described above when you are so young; but rest assured, you have a whole lifetime and hundreds of thousands of miles of motorized adventuring ahead of you!

You will get to experience some of the most amazing things that technology will bring to our passion over the next 50+ years; I can only imagine what they may be...

I'm so jealous of you!

"With Reps in office you get people that only fund and pass laws helping the top 1%. With the Dems in office they pander to the bottom 1%.

When the hell are the 98% of us in the middle going to get represented?" {Papa Pig}
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM
eWorld Champ

You are such an old fart. Now I know why you want Ninjaslayer to post more often- he makes you feel young

LUKE 22:36
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM
eWorldChamp

Yeah, I know what ss is talking about. Back in 2004, when I joined this board... these were the times. I didnīt post much, but It made me feeeeeel young

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 AM
eWorld Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Yeah, I know what ss is talking about. Back in 2004, when I joined this board... these were the times. I didnīt post much, but It made me feeeeeel young

I think I'm third oldest round here..

I need a new sig..
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
eWorldChamp

That screams for a confessions-thread

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Has tires!

Send a message via Skype™ to L8RG8R
Wow! That was probably one of the best first post's I've ever seen here. Quite responsible too for a 13 y/o. Look at you talking all MSF and all. You're off to a great start!

Welcome to the forum and welcome from a fellow Texan.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
eARRROOOOOGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8RG8R View Post
Welcome to the forum and welcome from a fellow Texan.
Don't you mean "Feller" Texan there L8R?

Welcome to the site

JM

ARRROOOOOOGGGGA

Drinking light beer is like making love in a canoe - it's F__ing close to water...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page