Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Hard to push your R6?

2K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  Mojosaan 
#1 ·
Since moving into my new place I have three bike in my garage counting mine. When I go to move them around mine feels like a tank to move. Even though it's the lightest of all three it still feels like it weighs an extra hundred pounds more. So i'm cleaning it up yesterday and wiping off the rims and had it up on the stands and I noticed the front wheel barely turns. Now it's not like a have to really try to turn it but It doesn't just roll forever either. It sounds like the brakes are rubbing against the caliper? Is this normal? :help:

#2 ·
Since moving into my new place I have three bike in my garage counting mine. When I go to move them around mine feels like a tank to move. Even though it's the lightest of all three it still feels like it weighs an extra hundred pounds more. So i'm cleaning it up yesterday and wiping off the rims and had it up on the stands and I noticed the front wheel barely turns. Now it's not like a have to really try to turn it but It doesn't just roll forever either. It sounds like the brakes are rubbing against the caliper? Is this normal? :help:

#4 ·
THE BRAKES DO MAKE CONTACT BUT THERE REALLY SHOULDn't be any "drag"

The wheel should spin farely free

make sure the rotors aren't warped

does it glide in nuetral when on it or do you feel as if it is slowing down faster than normal

#3 ·
THE BRAKES DO MAKE CONTACT BUT THERE REALLY SHOULDn't be any "drag"

The wheel should spin farely free

make sure the rotors aren't warped

does it glide in nuetral when on it or do you feel as if it is slowing down faster than normal

#16 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a hard time moving my bike around... and what is all this talk about squeezing thingies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically it was like this...It was hard to move, then someone suggested I had a hold of my thingie. Which I tried to explain that it was naturally hard like that and my hand was no where near my thingie. Does that some it up? :grin:

#15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a hard time moving my bike around... and what is all this talk about squeezing thingies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically it was like this...It was hard to move, then someone suggested I had a hold of my thingie. Which I tried to explain that it was naturally hard like that and my hand was no where near my thingie. Does that some it up? :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.