CBR954RR + YZFR1 are equals - Page 2 - Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
ePro

Re: CBR954RR + YZFR1 are equals

Guys the words good, better & best, are words of relativity! Whats good for you my be best for me, or vise versa! It would be nieve of us to base our selection on those magazine test! If those test are done without bias, it is then a good tool of measuring! As we have seen over the passed years, each of those mags comes up with diffent end results. Base soley on each riders needs! And in the end thats exactly how each of us choose our ride!

<font color="red">Honda the riding force</font>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 07:04 AM

IMO....which usually doesn't matter....I picked the R1 because...I LIKEd it...don't care what anyone says...I have owned and 750 and honestly I am sick of the body work being all the same though all three of their models, the 954..looks nice but what is up with that front end..raise the windscreen and lower the middle light...left almost a 1 foot sqaure of nothingness in between. I think the R1 has prettier lines, more comfortable, and more then enough power for ME ...

again just my humble opinion

post #13 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 08:35 AM
eGunny

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjaslayer

Hey dude, depending on when you started riding. They wore the crown for many years. That is from the mid to late eighties to the beginning of the nineties. Started with the older GPZ models then rolled into the ZX-10.

Do one thing everyday of your life that scares you........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 12:39 PM

I was just over in the Honda post reading a Portuguese Motorcyle magazine, with all those numbers and stuff, the Daytona, which I dont even know why it was in the test, did the fastest times with a professional rider and second fastest with the other rider. If it was a Triumph rider, everyone would say it's B.S., but since it is in the Honda post, it seemed to carry more weight. Anyway, I thought it was great!! Not to get off the subject, but the biggest thing I cant figure out about the Daytona is that when all the guys in the group wear their tires right down to the edge, and all I can get is about an inch from the edge, even going the same speed as the rest of the group(on the street not the track) I cant get to the edge!

post #15 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 01:59 PM

in reply to:

Not to get off the subject, but the biggest thing I cant figure out about the Daytona is that when all the guys in the group wear their tires right down to the edge, and all I can get is about an inch from the edge, even going the same speed as the rest of the group(on the street not the track) I cant get to the edge!

What kind of tires do you use and what size? I was on a ride this weekend with some friends out in the twisties and I was following fireRR on his RC-51 and noticed that when we went into a corner he was on the edge of his tire but yet I would go just as fast and swing wide just to make the corner a lot tighter so I could lean a little bit more and yet I still was NOT EVEN close to my edge. I think it has something to do with the 010's.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!
post #16 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 02:39 PM

I am running the street compound in a 180 size. Like I say, I am not even close to being able to drop a knee. It might just be how I follow my line through the corners, I dont go real narrow or real wide to leave some road for error!

post #17 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:29 PM
eWorld Champ

They must have had a bone to pick with Kawasaki to use the ZX-9 instead of the 12R.

I can't slow down, the Langoliers will get me
post #18 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:51 PM
eChamp

since when has a 1200cc bike been used in a liter-bike shootout?

post #19 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:59 PM

Re: CBR954RR YZFR1 are equals

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

When did Kawi take it?

<hr></blockquote>

Mid 80's with the first Ninja 900. Although admittedly, it didn't really have any existing competitors. Point being, the reign of any particluar sportbike is short-lived and these comparisons are getting tired.

post #20 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 04:04 PM

Re: CBR954RR YZFR1 are equals

I use a 180 size BT010 on my XX and 190 size BT010's on my R1 and have no problem always getting to the edge of the tires, no strips what so ever. But I don't hang off the bike at all really and I do weigh more than an average guy. But I also have 1.0kg springs on the R1 now, so that should negate my weight.

It just comes down to your riding style and corner speeds really, you might enter a corner slow but exit fast, where I enter fast and exit slightly faster. My friend enters somewhat slower but hammers on the exit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forums : Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page